Ashton was convinced that I was going to "see Attle", like see the town of Attle, and would say things like "How was Attle, mom?". Funny.
We had plenty of time at the airport, but Abbey had some issues. Her ticket was made out in her maiden name and with the new security, they weren't going to let her through. In the end, she ended up transferring her ticket to her married name ($100). Pain!!
We got into Seattle at 6:00 and caught the shuttle to our hotel. Our hotel was small, but nice. We ate dinner, and walked around a little that night, and talked with the front desk people trying to get a handle on what we would do the next couple of nights.
On Tuesday, I got up and exercised, then went to the conference. There was an hour long break that day and we met up and ate breakfast at the Crepe shop in front of the conference center. It was yummy!! The conference ended at 4:30 that day, so Abbey, Mark, and I went to Pike's Pier. Pike's Pier is where they "throw the fish". I really wanted to see it. We found the shop where they do it, but weren't throwing the fish right then. I was asking when we could see it, and between the guy and I we were having quite the interesting conversation. He was not impressed that I was calling his job a show, nor was he impressed with my camera phone. Anyway, he allowed me to go and catch the fish. Thanks Mark for the video clip of it. It was kinda scary, but fun to.
After the fish stuff we went down to the water front. From where we were we could also see the Space Needle. Here are Abbey and I pointing at it.
Wednesday brought the conference starting early, and leaving before the conference was officially over. We were worried about getting to the airport on time via our shuttle. The shuttle companies never seem to realize that we will all want to leave within 4 hours of each other, even though we arrive more sporadic. When the shuttle got to our stop, they had already been by the conferences other hotel and hence they were full. So, we walked to the other hotel, where the line was at least 60 people long. So, we got smart and went to the hotel before the conference hotel. Only I believe they finally got smart and sent a shuttle to only the conference hotel. In the end we made it to the airport on time, and made our flight without any issues. We got in around 6:30. Mike was a little late picking us up, but all was well.
Once we dropped Abbey off in Provo, Mike and I drove to Price to pick up the kids. They had had a great time at grandma's and grandpa's, but were glad to see us.
All in all it was a good trip.

2 comments:
You caught a fish! Holy cool that you caught a fish! You are gutsy and AWESOME!
That's so funny! We asked Ashton where you were and he told us you went to see Attle. It took Steve and I a few minutes to figure out who this "Attle" person was :)
Post a Comment