I've been feeling bad for Emma when we make trips around the block. When she is on a trike, and her legs get tired. Or, she tries the scooter and stops half way around. So, Monday, I went and bought her a bike. But being the cheap mother I am, I bought one just a smidge too big, so that she can ride it several years. Is it meaner to not buy her a bike or to buy one that is too big for her?
She likes it, and I think by the end of summer it will fit her fine, but right now she struggles to keep her feet on the peddles when they get to the bottom. She has to shift her weight back and forth.
The funny thing about Monday was that Emma was all up for posing with her bike. The other day when I posted about Sassy Emma, I couldn't find any sassy pictures, but here they are.
And one more thing to mention, I went into Emma's room the other day and noticed that someone used crayon to practice writing their letter A on Emma's footboard. I was sure it was Ashton from looking at how well they were written, but I was wrong. Emma confessed to doing it (after I told her she wouldn't get in trouble). It was a pain to get off. But she had done a good job.

8 comments:
She's a character!
How did you get that crayon off?
we erred on the too big for both Joe and Elisabeth too. They are both doing fine now. They forgave us.
We bought Lily's bike too big as well. She rides it great, but has to climb on at the curb. She didn't grow into it as fast as we thought she would. Emma will still enjoy her bike though.
So funny, I was just thinking today that all Miriam needs is her bike and writing material to be happy. Miriam is on her bike everyday rain or shine, its a big one as well, because I am a cheapskate.
Emma is a cutie.
Hey! I'm so glad you found me and commented on my blog! I'm adding you to mine! That bike looks fun!
Oh and in case you haven't tried them... magic erasers work wonders. :)
magic erasers work great
I love the letters! Smart girl!
I wouldn't worry about getting a bike that is too big! She'll grow into it faster than you think. In the meantime, did you know they sell pedal blocks that you can put on the pedals so she can reach them? It's definitely cheaper than a smaller bike!
Post a Comment