Monday, June 23, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Emma's Ballet Company did a performance of Sleeping Beauty on Saturday. A few weeks ago they did a dress rehearsal and pictures (which was a great idea). I was really glad they did because Emma had a shiner for the performance on Saturday. She fell on the trampoline at the babysitters and got a black eye (it's the eye on the left in the picture - her right eye).


She was so excited for her performance on Saturday. There were some good and bad things with an official Ballet performance. I'm used to going to Cassidy's dance performances that were more jazz, so each class did 2 or 3 numbers and it didn't really flow as one full piece. Because this is a ballet, it all flowed together. I thought that was neat, but it also meant that Emma performed for about 2 minutes of 2 hours. We also brought Ashton along which was a bad choice (and I knew that before I did it, I was just hoping it would go better than it did). Finally in true manly form, Mike was hoping to ditch out on some of it, to no avail. Also, Emma got to sit with us for most of the ballet, which I thought was good for her to get to see the other girls perform.

Anyway, Emma and her friend Laura did great. They looked so cute. Emma was so excited to lead the bunnies out. She was the first bunny to coming hopping out. There were some issues, but all in all it was so cute, and the girls even got to come out for the curtain call and do a bow. I do have to put in a plug here for Melinda. Thanks so much for taking Emma to dance class this year, she loved it and I appreciate it so much (oh yes, and thank you for saving us seats). Melinda also did a beautiful post of the ballet performance (additional pictures). Aren't the girls so cute!!!

Once Emma was done Mike and I gave her flowers (note to self, do not buy flowers at the performance - $6 for one rose) and her friend Lily came to watch and gave her flowers and notes too. It was so cute. Thanks Karyn and Lily!!!

It was a late night, but a fun night. We went to Sonic for treats afterwards that night (that took way too long - 20 + minutes) they were swamped.

We love you Emma, we are so proud of you.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh! Isn't she just so cute??!! I can't wait to get my girls into dance! Emma looks like she thoroughly enjoyed it!

Jones Family said...

So cute!

Sonja said...

It's so fun to see these cute little girls dancing. She is darling!

Melinda said...

She is darling! Go, Emma, Go!

Kristin said...

How adorable! What a great idea to give her a flower! I wish I had thought of that when Elisabeth had a dance recital at the end of her dance.