Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wet Run /Dance Girl

Saturday of this weekend was quite interesting. I got up Saturday morning to run the Springville Art City Days 5k. It is sponsored by Nestle, and is a very good event. The only problem was, it was raining. And it wasn't cool, it was cold. It was hard to warm up your muscles, and just not fun to run in the rain. I met up with Julie at about 6:55. And we sat in her car and chatted before made a trip into the high school to use the restroom. Once there, we decided that instead of running in shorts, we would run in our pants. Julie also had a nice long sleeved running shirt, I did not. I ended up running with short sleeves.


We finally left the safety of Julie's car about 10 minutes before the race started. It starts out in front of Springville High and ends on the Springville High track. And even with the rain, there were plenty of people there. And the start is quite a mess. Tons of people, all at different paces starting out in the same spot. I was able to stay with Julie until the third mile. At that point, I was really tired, and was slowing down. I sent her on without me, but she never was out of site. She probably finished 50 to 100 yards ahead of me. They still haven't posted the results of the race, and I didn't realize there was a clock at the finish line to look at. Right now all I know is that I finished behind Julie who finished at 25:34. I'm guessing I finished somewhere in the 26th minute.

Once done, we made a beeline for drinks, food and then Julie's car. My body was really hot, but my arms were frozen. I put my sweatshirt over my arms, but not over my head. We probably hung out and talked for nearly an hour before I sent her on her way. But I kept her number and went to check out the door prize give-a-ways. I was shocked at some of the great prizes!! Bikes, patio sets, mountain bikes, little giant ladders. It really was impressive. Julie came so close to winning an IPOD Nano (one number off). But in the end, neither of us won anything.

Later that day I had to take Emma to a dress rehearsal and pictures for her dance class. Thanks to Melinda, Emma got to look beautiful for the photo.


Doesn't she make a beautiful bunny. She was all smiles before the photo shoot, but by the time it came to take her picture by a professional, I could hardly get her to crack a smile. What a weirdo. But she did like wearing make-up.

Because Mike was at work, Ashton got to come with us. He was a pretty good sport, and played his Leapster for some of the time, then occupied his time like this:

Hiding in some of the lockers in a music room (I think that's what room it was). Anyway, all in all it was a good weekend. And the day was quite sunny after the race.

4 comments:

The Jackson 3 said...

That is so neat another 5k...

Melinda said...

That picture of Ashton is so classic. It makes me laugh just looking at it! Oh, and I have some really great pics of the girls for you on a flash drive.

Kristin said...

Emma is an adorable bunny. You can tell she is just glowing to be wearing make-up. Congrats on another great race!

Elisa said...

Cute bunny, the weather has been crazy!

Hey, I am going to do the Helper Art festival 5K...are you in??