Sunday, May 25, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Ashton had his last day of preschool on Thursday; in August he will start kindergarten. I can't believe it. He is getting so big.

This year Ashton attended Sunny Daze Preschool. Miss Shauna has been great. It's been hard because last year he attended Little Miner's preschool and I loved it, but Miss Keri doesn't teach preschool anymore and so, we had to find something else. But it has been a good experience for Ashton and there were two other kids from our ward in his preschool class.


I am so proud of Ashton, he participated in his preschool graduation program. Yeah!!! Last year he wouldn't and this Christmas he didn't, and even a month ago when he was supposed to give a talk in church he wouldn't. He tells me "I'm just a little bit shy". And he is. In big groups of people he doesn't know, he doesn't do very well. But on Thursday he walked right in and sat down up front with his class. Way to go Ashton. He participated in most of the program. About 80% of the way through he got up and came to sit by us. He told us "I'm just sick of it". Oh well, I was proud of him.


He looked so happy up there participating. He smiled while singing, and just had a great time. They did a joint poem with each child saying a line. They did several songs and several poems.


As each child was set to graduate Miss Shawna brought them up to the front to tell all of us about each child. I guess I knew, but never really put it in context, that Ashton loves science. I think he mostly is a boy and loves bugs, and animals, and insects. But Miss Shawn talked about him being the class scientist, and how he knew a lot about science. Below is a clip of Miss Shawna talking about Ashton.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm glad you like it. Laura's excited to start there next year!

Missy said...

I know! I can't believe Brinley's old enough for Kindergarten either! Crazy!

Jewel said...

He was sick of it huh. That is really funny. But its great that he participated.

She sounds like a great teacher. That is a good idea to feature each child for a few minutes.