Monday, June 23, 2008

Strawberry Days Carnival

Last week was Strawberry Days in PG. I never realized this before but on the first day of the carnival, all rides are one ticket and each ticket costs just a dollar. So, Wednesday night I took the kids to the carnival. I've never taken them before, and I didn't have a lot of time. I said I would only take the kids on two rides, they could each pick one. The caveat was that the line had to be short enough for us to get through before it was time for me to go.

Emma choose the carousel. That's funny to me. It was one of her favorite rides at Disneyland as well. This time we didn't sit on a horse we all sat together on a bench. No up and down, just round and round.



Next we went on the big yellow slide. I wouldn't say that Ashton picked it, but we went on it with my encouragement. Ashton went by himself and Emma rode with me. Ashton was right by me, and I grabbed his hand. The funny thing was, I was moving faster than he was and bought him along. Afterwards, he told me he didn't like that ride.


We still had a few minutes, and I didn't have to use a ticket to go on the carousel, so, I bought one more ticket and let the kids go on the Rockets. They shared one and had a good time.


The last treat of the night was that the kids got to have a snow cone. And I got to have strawberries and cream - um, um!!



I will do that again. It was fun.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I can't believe that I forgot Strawberry days! I am jealous of you guys.

Kristin said...

Darn it! We missed it?!!! The strawberries and Cream there are truly divine!!!!!!