So yesterday I got together with a few of my friends from my old ward. I say it that way because they are a year behind me in high school but all less than a year younger than me so we spent a lot of time together in church. Anyway, five of us, and all 14 of our kids played for a few hours at my house.
Four of us live within 20 minutes of each other (funny when we all grew up in Price) but we don't see as much of each other as we should.
Vallarie lives out of state. Tyler (not from Price) is doing a Master's in Philly, but is interning this summer in Chicago where his parents live. So, Vall is home for 6 weeks. The rest of them will see each other at their 10 year reunion is 2-3 weeks, but I won't see them. Anyway, Vallarie went to school in Logan and got her Bachelor's degree. She has two kids, Abilgal and Blake.
Diana lives in Orem. Her husband Ryan (not from Price) is a firefighter for Orem Fire Department. Diana left home and went to the U of U to become a nurse. She has a bachelor's degree in Nursing and still works a few shifts at UVRMC. She has three girls (which is really odd for them) Courtney (a September 11th baby), Carly, and Madeline.
I'm next, living in Pleasant Grove. Mike (from Price) works in Provo. I went to CEU and UVSC then got a Master's from Utah State. I still work at UVSC and my two kids - well we all know what terrors they are. One of the most interesting things is that I was the first of all these girls to get married, but the last to start a family. Everyone has kids starting kindergarten this year (except Diana who's Courtney misses the deadline by ll days).
Julia is next living in Lehi. John (from Price, and was in their same grade) works for Ivory Homes. Julia went to CEU then on to Utah State to get a Bachelors in Elementary Education. I believe she even roomed with Vall for awhile. Julia has three kids, William, Caroline (Kara), and Desiree.
Finally, Heather lives in Alpine. Spencer (not from Price) does tax stuff in the SL area (I believe). Heather went to BYU and got a Master's in Accounting. She was just telling me that she was voted most likely to succeed in High School. She mentioned she was a disappointment. I told her, no way she got her Master's Degree and had a job, and since has had four kids. Now that's success. She does have four kids (the first of us to have any) but her fist was twins. Madeline and McKenzie, Nathan, and Chandler, round out her kids (the twin girls, a boy and a girl).
Anyway, it was lots of fun to see my friends and just catch up. What great times we had, and what good girls they are.
P.S. Sorry if I spelled any of their names wrong, you never know with the funky spelling of names now days.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun to see them again! Thanks for the update on everyones lives. Last month Heidi Mathie got some girls together for a picnic and I was the only one from our grade there. They were all talking about the reunion.
Post a Comment