
Well, I don't know about the rest of you with young kids, but I haven't totally bought into the fact that our family should be having family home evening (FHE). For one, I don't want to be in charge of it (and I really don't think Mike would initiate it). Two, I question whether my kids will even pay attention (i.e. is it really worth the effort). In all honesty, I don't know that it is, but last night we made our first attempt at it.
I guess I feel like there are some things that Ashton needs to know, and the only way to make sure that we teach some of those things is to have FHE. So, I hope we can continue it.
On a recommendation from my aunt Julie (who's two girls are just a few months older than my children) I bought a book called "52 weeks of Family Night". Is the book a life saver? No, but it is a start, which is what I need. You can buy it at Desert Book. It is nice, because it does have a scripture and a small story. You can take the pictures and blow them up to make a coloring handout. I do wish it has some activity ideas. But it's not bad, and less than $10.00. I don't love all the lessons, and do wish that some other really basic ideas were included, but none the less, I think it is worth the money, and a good start. I do own the standard FHE book, but it is nice to have a book geared directly toward toddlers.
For those of you in my ward, I am paying for the FHE packets, I just haven't had time to look at them, let alone put them together (for some reason, I feel like these FHE Packets will be a huge pain to complete and not a huge help - way over my children's heads).
Anyway, I am looking for ideas, direction, etc. Anything would be appreciated.

1 comment:
It's tough huh? I hate to give advice, since we are struggling too, but we sing lots of primary songs and squish a story inbetween. The gospel art kit (you can get from ditribution) helps too. It's the pictures they have in the church library and in back of lesson books, so it will reinforce the pictures they see in church with the stories.
The book you bought looks interesting, I will have to check that out. I am also interested in the FHE kits your ward is making. Where do they get that information??
Post a Comment