Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Some R & R

So, I was talking to my mom the other night and mentioned that I had been reading some books lately. I know I probably haven't mentioned it, but I hurt my Achilles tendon when I ran my 5k on the 24th of July and I have been going to physical therapy so that I could stop limping. That is so lame. But I have stopped limping and that is good news, now I hope I can get to the point that I can run again. But the point is, that when I go to physical therapy I do get some R & R. I get to read because I spend 20 minutes with my foot in the whirlpool, 10 minutes getting a foot massage, 5-10 minutes getting A-stem (?) which I usually can't read because it hurts too much, and finally I get 15 minutes of ice and stim (stimulation). Anyway, I haven't really minded physical therapy, it's kind of a guilty pleasure.


So, while I've been going to physical therapy I've been reading. I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia back in December (I bought the full set for Christmas). I just finished book five. Before that I finished the book for book club - The Leah Shadow. Then, Melinda raved about a book called Twilight (check out her blog). Wow. I'm so engrossed in it. I finished it on Sunday, and I still can't get it out of my brain (I wake up at 5:00 in the morning and I'm thinking about it). I loved it!! What an awesome book. I am just so in love with the characters. It is a must read. The interesting part is that you are so embarrassed to say you are reading a vampire romance novel. But I don't think that's the best way to describe the book. It is a romance novel and fantasy. It's like Harry Potter in that you forget you are reading about wizardry because you really enjoy reading about the characters. I hope we decide to read it for book club tonight so that I can read it again. Sometimes I read books so quickly I miss the finer points. That's how I felt about this book.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I always worry when I recommend a book.

Elisa said...

I just checked out Twilight on CD's to listen to while I paint (still painting...sigh). I am so excited to start it now:)

Sorry about your tendon, but I agree that PT sounds divine! I can't run or walk very far until my foot heals either. It's such a bummer. I can only wear flip flops for the moment. I am really struggling without my morning walk.