Friday, August 11, 2006

New Baby

For those of you who don't know, Mike's (younger) sister, Helene and her husband Andrew are our best friends. Andrew and Mike have been friends since junior high and it is just perfect that he married Mike's sister. When Mike and I had our first date, they were there (though not dating yet). They got married two months before us, had their first baby, Gavin, 9-10 months before Ashton and their second baby, Brynn, just 5 months before Emma. But now they've gone and left us behind. They had their third baby, a baby boy, yesterday. We have no plans to have a baby anytime soon.

Here's Helene and Brynn with the new, healthy, baby boy. It is pretty amazing how intuitive kids are. Gavin announce to Helene (before she new she was pregnant) that she had a baby in her belly, that it was a boy and his name was Daniel. He has been insistent that the baby be called Daniel.

The other thing to note is that Andrew MISSED the birth of their baby. He just earned his Ph.D. and was in Germany presenting at a conference about his Ph.D. research and was not home when Helene had the baby. Now, it wasn't really his fault because Helene had the baby 9 days early (which I think is not fair!!!). But I just felt so bad for him. And due to all the airline issues yesterday, his flight was delayed and I don't even know when he got home last night.


Anyway, we all got to see the baby before Andrew did. That will be something to tell later on. But what a cute baby.

Congratulations Helene & Andrew!!!!

Note Emma is smiling in the picture above, but she came over whining to me to "Hold you, Mommy". I don't think she liked me giving my attention to the new baby. Oh well, it's good for her.

No comments: