Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lately

So, this week has kind of been a blur. Monday was great, but it was back to life on Tuesday. I worked from home.

On Wednesday Karyn watched my kids in the morning (thanks Karyn). Raquel, my regular babysitter, is on vacation. Her sister Nicole is finishing her mission in Nauvoo and the family went to pick her up. So, I've been scrambling to find babysitters. It's been a lot harder than I thought, due to everyone's plans in the summer.

Wednesday night we had a combined YM/YW activity. It was great. We did a "Fear Factor". Karyn did an excellent job. I forgot my camera, so you'll have to get on
Melinda's Blog - Fear and Fun to check out a few pictures (she also has pictures from Ashton playing with Laura on Thursday night, and going to the park on Friday - see discussion below).

On Thursday, the kids got shifted around to appease summer schedules. Again, thank you Karyn for willingly changing her schedule to take the kids. Mike went up to help Helene and Andrew on Thursday night, and I ran Emma to the doctor. She had these blisters on her face (around her mouth), on her fingers, and on her chest. I guess she has a virus similar to "Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease". It should go away, and is really not that serious, but Melinda volunteered to have Ashton play at their house while I took Emma to the Doctor. Thanks Melinda, it was a huge help, especially because Emma HATES the doctor.

Friday morning, Karyn watched the kids again (the kids got to go to the park with the other kids in the neighborhood), and then I was home for the rest of the day. The kids and I played in the pool and the sprinklers after naps, and we invited Laura too come swim too. It was fun to see them each react differently to each sprinkler (because we had to try all three).

Anyway, Mike works today and tomorrow so, it should be a super fun weekend for us - not! :{

1 comment:

Melinda said...

It's called empathy. Laura hates the doctor too!