Elina loves her cousin Bridger. She talks about him constantly. Anytime I mention Cassidy, Elina talks of Bridger. So, I worked with Cassidy and planned a get together on day while I was still on maternity leave (the first week in August).
We decided to meet in the middle. We settled on a park in Orem (Nelson's Grove Park). Cassidy talks about our outing here. I had gone with a friend years ago (like when Emma was still 2), and hadn't been back since. Anyway, it was a great outing.
Cassidy brought a pizza, and I brought drinks. I also brought some bread to feed the ducks. The kids didn't play much on the traditional play ground. They loved feeding the ducks (Ashton was trying to catch a fish in the pond).
We first spent time feeding the ducks. The little kids did a great job. No one fell in, and they thought it was tons of fun to feed the ducks.
Cass and the kids
Bridger and Elina (Bridger loves hats)
Me, Elina, Ashton, Briger, Cass, McCoy, Emma
Followed by eating some pizza. I wish I could keep a better grip on my big kids. Ashton wouldn't eat any pizza and spent his time at the pond. I think this was Bridger's first time having a Capri Sun (or as Elina calls it - juice box).
Emma, Elina, Bridger
Next I took Cassidy over to the fountain and giant swing.
We couldn't stay long at the fountain, it was too tempting
Check out this swing
Elina
Me giving Ashton an underdog
Finally, it was time to head home. It was a busy, but fun afternoon. I was so glad we did it. It was an excuse to go to a park that we don't usually get to go to, and it was fun to get together with Cass and her boys. Thanks Cass. Oh and I should mention Ethan was there, but he spent the entire time sleeping in the stroller. What a great baby!!!
Friday, September 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That park looks like tons of fun. I will have to look that one up. I am glad that nobody fell in!
Post a Comment