Are you ready for a story? Note some of the pictures aren't for the faint of heart (meaning me). I was just totally grossed out by them.
On a Thursday night (the first week in August), just as I was about ready to go for a run, Ashton came running in the house holding out his arm, with a panicked look on his face (no crying mind you). I didn't really think it was a big deal until I got a closer look at it. I really don't like that stuff, so I instantly sent Ashton to Mike (I'm so glad Mike was home). Emma was sent to get the bandaid box, and Ashton finally started to cry when he found out he had to get stitches. That is what he was afraid of.
Check out this gash
Once the cut was bandaged (it wasn't bleeding) Mike and Ashton headed off to Instacare. The wait wasn't too long, and everything went well. Ashton disliked the shots the most, but once most of the pain was gone, he turned into a talking machine. Mike said he was hilarious - the things that come out of that boys mouth just kills me.
Getting stitches
In the end the cut was 2 inches long. There were internal and external stitches (13 external). He did it in the garage. He rode a bike into the garage, and instead of dismounting to the left he leaned to the right and stuck out his arm to catch himself. His arm got cut on the gear of my bike. It exposed a vein, so Instacare almost didn't take care of it. Emma's had stitches and a broken arm, but this is our first major incident with Ashton. I'm glad it's over.
This is a picture of what Ashton got cut on (except, more pointy)
The finished product
Oh, and the next day I got the cutest picture of Ashton and Macoy. Isn't it great to have a good friend?
Ashton and Macoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So far no stitches or broken bones for us, but I am just waiting for the day. I can't imagine we will get away with it for much longer!
Post a Comment