Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ethan's Blessing

A few day's before we blessed Ethan, I put him in his blessing outfit to make sure it fit.  It is the same outfit we blessed Ashton in, but we blessed Ashton at 5 weeks and Ethan at two months.  Needless to say, Ethan filled it out more than Ashton.

I was glad I caught Ethan in a smiley mood for the impromptu photo shoot.

He's so precious and sweet

Look at that hair

 Cute smile

 Big grin

I love the full body shot

My parents came up for Ethan's blessing.  It was the first time that my dad got to see Ethan in person.  It's a good thing that Ethan doesn't hold grudges (just kidding).  I was glad my dad was able to make it up for the blessing.  And my parents were such big helps.

Grandad, Emma, Ethan

Mike got stuck working the morning of Ethan's blessing (he also worked the morning of Ashton's baptism).  But it everything turned out okay. We ended up doing our luncheon in the park (so that everyone wasn't in my house).  I thought it turned out great.  It gave the kids a place to run around, there were plenty of places to sit, and a ton of shade. 

 Our first family picture (as a six family)

Me, Mike and Ethan

 The spread

Ethan, Mike, and his parents

We had a great day.  We are grateful to the family who were able to share the day with us.  We sure feel blessed to have Ethan in out family, and even more blessed to have an awesome extended family for him to enjoy.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I am loving his smiles! He is so cute! I am glad that it was a good day for you.

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

Such a cute picture of your "six family"!