Friday, June 16, 2006

Strawberry/Sick Days

Bummer, I just typed this blog and lost it. Here we go again.

We had fun playing with our friends (we were really having a YW Presidency Meeting) last night. Melinda was nice enough to post pictures on her site. It is the "Meeting?" post. It's cute, thanks Melinda.



We've had a busy day. This morning I met up with Karyn and we took the kids to Huck Finn Days (part of Strawberry Days). It was fun because it was free. They did face painting, balloons, pony rides, etc. Emma's is a flower, and Ashton's is a train. Ashton usually loves to ride the horses, but today he refused. Emma rode though it was cute. I still haven't decided if I am going to try and take the kids to the Strawberry Day's carnival tonight. We'll see.



After that I met up with Emily and her kids at a park in Orem. It's a new park (on Sandhill Road). It was really cute and fun. I forgot that she told me that there were fountains to play in. Oh well, the kids are little and no one cares if they play in water (in a public place) in their diapers, right?



Our last errand of the day was to run Emma to the Dr. She hates the Dr. so I have been putting it off. Emma got sick a month ago while I was in Chicago. I took her to the Dr. the day after I got home (Friday). The Dr. said it was a virus, and that it would go away. She still wasn't better by Monday, so I took her back in. By now, she had developed an ear infection. I came home with antibiotics. After 4 or 5 days on the antibiotic, she broke a fever. It took four days and a new antibiotic to clear the fever. Once the antibiotic was gone, she still had a runny nose, so I called the Dr. and they said that her cold was probably still clearing up and it would go away. That was about 2 weeks ago. I asked Melanie about it today (you got to love nurse friends) and she said I should take her in. That she probably had a sinus infection. So, I made an appointment. She doesn't have a cold or a sinus infection, but a spongy thing shoved up her nose. Gross!!! Anyway, that should get rid of her runny nose.

No comments: