Saturday, September 10, 2011

Family Reunion at Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

The second weekend in August we had a family reunion in Lava Hot Springs.  It was so much fun!!!  Mike couldn't make it for the whole four days.  I am so grateful to all of my family who helped me out with the kids, I couldn't have done it without them.  On Thursday, I drove the kids to Lava.  It wasn't too bad (Emma needed two potty breaks), because Ethan slept the whole drive.  My kids were so excited to play with cousins. 

We stayed at an Inn with about half of the family.  The Inn had 8 rooms, and our family had 4 of them.  The rest of the family had trailers at the KOA. Our room was quite big; we had a full size fridge, a small dining area, a queen size bed in the main living area, a twin bed just off the main area, a couch and TV, a full bed in a bedroom, and then the loft had a queen bed, and a attic space with two twin beds.  Me and the kids had the loft area.  Elina was in the bedroom with grandad, and mom was in the main living area.  We made it work.

Thursday night was dinner out.  I went with my parents, and the kids.  We ended up swapping Kylee for Emma (Emma and Laryn were attached at the hip).  It worked out great. 

Friday morning we went to visit my grandparents at the trailers for breakfast.  Then it was time to get ready to hit the river.  We set up camp at a park (a place for people to be while waiting for tubers).  We ate lunch there, and left little kids there.  My grandma was there the whole time, and my mom, Cass and I were there quite a bit.   We also had two pick-up trucks running the tubers and tubes back up after the river ride.  I didn't get any pictures of anyone on the tubes, bummer!

 Hanging out at the park

Elina kept busy by eating and playing on the play ground (playing in the sand)

I got to go down the river a few times.  Elina came with me, Nate, Bridger, Emma, Laryn, Ashton and Kylee.  Elina cried/whined the whole time.  Bridger, on the other hand, loved it.  Cass and I got to go on the two man tube and stop in the hot springs.  We had a few casualties (one tube popped, Ken fell off once, Angie hurt her knee).  But I think everyone had a great time that day on the river.  My grandpa even went down.  I heard he loved it.

That night we had reserved the pavilion at the KOA for dinner, and played Minute to Win it games.  We had some great food and a lot of fun.   We had a hard time with the kids.  They basically did what they wanted and we lost whatever battles we were trying to fight.  Ethan was a sweet boy all day and night long.  Mike made it to Lava just after 10:00 that night (no games or dinner for him).

 Bridger and Elina playing in the dirt

 Tanner and Jentry - dice on a tounge depressor

 Laryn, my mom, Kylee - blowing up balloons

 Ken, my dad - ping pong balls into cups on measuring tapes

 Laryn and Emma - vasiline and cotton balls

Sommer, Ethan, Tanner - Sommer held Ethan for me for almost an hour

Saturday brought breakfast at the KOA again.  Followed by a long line and a busy swimming pool.  The kids had a great time.  I hardly saw Ashton and Emma.  They hit the slides, diving board, and the rock wall (no platform for us).  Elina loved being near Bridger.  She was so sad when they left. 

Mike and Ethan (we were so glad when Ryan brought shade!)

Bridger and Elina

That night we had dinner at the KOA as a group.  The KOA did an activity - they helped the kids tie dye shirts.  My kids love their shirt.  Elina finally warmed up to the family and performed a little that night.  That night some of the family hit the hot springs (no one in my immediate family did).

On Sunday we headed home.  We had some much fun.  I thought it was a great location (I wish the pool had been less busy).  I hope we get to do it again!

4 comments:

Cass said...

Thanks for posting and putting pictures of our vacation up. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was really a great time.

Cass said...

I don't know how this and previous comments show in Cassidy's name. But I was the one commenting....MOM

Karyn said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! It's great to be with family.

Melinda said...

That looks awesome! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!