Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ashton Turns 4

Wow - I can't hardly remember what we did this last week.

On Tuesday, Ashton was spotlighted at preschool, and got to be King for the day because it is his birthday this week. I got to go and tell Ashton's class all about him, and then I also brought treats. I asked if Ashton wanted to take cupcakes, but he doesn't really like cake, so we took cookies instead. He really liked taking cookies and milk. It was a good day for him.


And Emma started preschool/play group on Wednesday (I'm sure I'll talk more about that next week since we host).

Mom came in town (Salt Lake) for work on Wednesday, and then came to stay with us on Friday and Saturday. On Friday I was hoping to get together with the girls from Price, but things happened at work, and so I couldn't go. It was a real bummer. I did leave a little early and went shopping with Cass, Mom and Julie. Then we ditched all the boys and did dinner. Later Friday night, I went to girls night with the women in the ward. Wow- it was a fun day. I sure love girls night.

So, on top of Ashton's birthday, I was also preparing for sharing time in Primary. I had some errands to run on Saturday so I could be all ready. Mom was really nice to help out and babysit while I did things. She also helped by cleaning my house. Thanks so much mom!!!

For Ashton's birthday, we had a party with family last night (Saturday). We just served cake and ice cream. It was a full house, but fun. See the slide show below. All of Mike's siblings in the area came, Mike's parents, Cass and Nate, and Ryan and Julie. We sure love having family in the area. Maybe next year he can have his first real friend party.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Looks like a fun party! A fun week actually. I am with you on holding off on friend parties. I just don't want to babysit a bunch of 3 or 4 year olds! With family, the parents are there to handle all meltdowns/potty problems/fights. I'm sticking with family for as long as possible!

Melinda said...

LOVE the slide show!

The Jackson 3 said...

I love the crown. It looks like Ashton had a great party. I just cant believe he is 4!