Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Week of Birthday's

So, last week there were three birthday's in the family. My aunt Julie had her birthday first (it's always funny calling her that because she is 1 year older than Mike, but my aunt none the less). Her birthday was Sunday, January 7. We called and wished her a happy birthday, but didn't get together (that was night Mike was working the 36 hour shift at the Marriott).

Monday brought Marriott's Holiday party. They had it late so that the catering staff wouldn't have to squeeze in another party during December. They try to make it a nice party. It is nicer than UVSC's, they allow you to bring a spouse, they have a drawing for prizes, and a decent catered dinner. But it just doesn't hold a candle to Sundance's parties. They would give away one really big prize (like a week long trip for two to New Zealand). How can you beat that? Mike won a night's stay at the Sheraton Hotel in SLC. We laughed but then were happy that we didn't get a night's stay at the Courtyard in Provo. All in all, it wasn't a bad gift to win.

Tuesday brought another Birthday - Laryn's birthday. Laryn is officially my cousin (Ryan and Julie's daughter), but in age sits right between Ashton and Emma - she just turned three. Just before Laryn was born, we found out we were expecting Emma. I remember going to the hospital to see her, and looking at how little Ashton was, and wondering what in the world we were doing. We called and sang Happy Birthday to her (her party was on Sunday).

Wednesday and Thursday flew by. Thursday night I went to play church basketball. Unfortunately, we only had four women there from our ward so we forfeited. But we played anyway. And we ended up winning, too bad it didn't count. The best part of the night was when a lady from the other ward said to me "Man, your intimidating". I didn't realize till later that she probably wanted me to say I was sorry, but instead I said "Thanks!!". I'm still smiling about it. I came home from basketball to a very sick Mike. He had been throwing up.

Mike worked the Friday night shift, so he got to sleep in on Friday to try and recover. The bad news was that he turned around and worked Saturday morning. He seemed to do okay, but was still tired and wasted. I spent Saturday cleaning the house. Mike came home early to rest.

Our third birthday for the week happened on Saturday - Paul and Mindy had their first baby - Abby. Now all of Mike's siblings have kids. She is super cute!!! There are now 14 grandchildren with number 15 on the way (Kari is due the first part of February). We decided to wait to see Abby since Mike had been sick.


Sunday afternoon we went over to Ryan and Julie's to celebrate Laryn's birthday. We had cake and ice cream. I took my camera, but didn't bother to take any pictures - sorry. My kids had a great time playing with the other kids.

These weeks are just flying by!!!!

No comments: