Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas Aftermath

Mike had to go back to work the Thursday after Christmas, but I didn't. Me and the kids stayed home and spent some quality time together on Thursday and Friday. We tried to clean up the mess we brought home, organize and put stuff away (which we only kind of did).

But for Friday night, we decided to have some fun. Helene had called and invited us to a place called Jungle Jim's in Sandy. You only pay for the kids, and then once they are in, they can do any of the rides as many times as they want. Mike came home from work early, but wasn't feeling well. He took a nap and was still sleeping when it was time to go. So, we went without him.

They have a play area, like you would find at McDonald's. Then the other toys they have are similar to what you would find at the traveling City Days.

A carousel (Emma really liked it)


Swings - isn't Daisy (Steve and Crystal's girl) cute


Spinning Tea Cups

Bumper Cars

Jeep ride (it was busy that night, so Ashton rode with a stranger)


Airplanes (most of the kids wanted to ride with a friend, and not alone)


And the infamous musical spinning ride similar to the one at Lagoon that goes forward and then backward squishing you to the outside of the ride. Andrew and I were the only adults who don't get sick on those types of rides.

It was fun, and the kids had a great time.

Saturday brought additional things. Mike's sister-in-law, Mindy, is due to have a baby at the end of January, so we had a baby shower for her over the holiday's.

I had to make dessert (pumpkin cobbler) Saturday morning. The shower was at 1:00 and we had soup and veggies. It was great. We had lots of people come and Mindy got lots of things, so it was great.

I hurried home and then went to do dinner with my dad's side of the family. We meet at Ruby River at 5:00. It was so busy that night, I was glad we had reservations. In fact I didn't get a babysitter till Friday, and I was so glad I landed one. With New Year's Eve on Sunday, Saturday was the Mormon New Year's Eve.


It is always nice to see the family (and we hardly ever see that side of the family).

All in all, the holiday's were great, but it was nice to see them end.

No comments: