Thursday, February 08, 2007

Preschool for Emma

Last week, it was our job to host preschool for the kids Emma's age. There are six of them, and it seems to be a good group. There are 4 girls and 2 boys, and there are some differences in knowledge, so I think it is good.

The hard thing was it was just three days after I had just done the birthday party for Ashton. So, it was stress on stress.

Things didn't really go as well as I had hoped, but what do you expect, they are only two. Most of the mom's stayed, and I don't know if that made it better or worse.

Emma had a hard time having it at our house. It's hard to have kids come over and share toys. And I thought I had all of the toys put away in the area I was teaching. I totally forgot about the magnetic toys on the fridge. The kids loved them.

Anyway, it was nice to have my day all done. I don't have to do it again until mid March. That's really nice. And the other mom's have been great. They normally have it on a Wednesday, a day I'm at work. So, some of the other mom's pick up Emma from the babysitter, and take her back. Then on the weeks that I teach, they either come on Friday or Tuesday, days I work from home. What great ladies.

And Emma just loves going to preschool. She feels as big as Ashton. She is so proud of herself. I have been letting her take her backpack, so that I can put a diaper and some wipes in it, just in case. She's so cute!!!

No comments: