The first Sunday of the new year brought a lot of changes. We now start church at 8:30. Mike was working at the hotel this weekend, one of those long 36 hour shifts. The kids and I went over to visit on Saturday. We did dinner with Mike at the hotel. And me and the kids went swimming, Mike had to let his front desk girl eat dinner. But we didn't stay. With church so early, there was no way we were going to make it if we stayed at the hotel.
We didn't make it on time. It takes me 45 minutes to get the kids fed breakfast, dressed, in the car and to church. I started at 8:00 instead of 7:45.
There were a few other firsts on Sunday. Ashton had his first day as a Sunbeam. He has been not happy about going to primary. The idea of not being able to play with toys at church has been a hard adjustment for him. When we went to sacrament in St. George he was mad, and cried because we didn't stay at church and go to nursery. But, he seemed to do really well on Sunday, he didn't cry and he came home happy.
I had a first on Sunday, I taught my first primary class. I have the Valiant twelves (the kids who turn 12 this year). It went okay. I have some busy boys. So, I will have to work a little harder next week to keep their attention and keep us on track (they got me a little frazzled).
After church the bishop caught me to set me apart. Because I was alone the kids came with me. Ashton had got a seed and some dirt in sharing time (the lesson was on faith). The bishop asked him about it. Ashton told the bishop it need "little sunshine", and it would ..... "hatch". We all laughed. I had to later explain that seeds don't hatch, they grow.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sounds like a busy day!
8:30 is rough...1:00 isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Miriam is passed the MUST nap or will blow stage and is just slightly whiny and cranky without a nap. If we had switched 6 months ago, whew-ee that would be bad. Actually, it's the nursery leaders that have to deal with the crankiness, since we have reverse order.
Good luck with those 12 year olds!
All I can say is that I LOVE our sunbeam teacher!
Post a Comment