Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas in St. George

Our Christmas vacation started on Friday, Dec. 22. I stayed home that day (took the day off) and got ready to go. Mike was at work, but we knew he could leave a little bit early. I was just sure I had packed everything, I only forgot little things, like wrapping paper, but I was sure I hadn't forgot a thing. The only other mishap was I always underestimate how long it takes to get the kids out of the house, and in the car. We were a little late for Mike, but were officially on the road by 4:00.

We had the DVD player and kept the kids entertained during the drive. We ate dinner in Beaver and then drove the rest of the way to St. George. The weather was a little off that night. It was snowy/rainy. But the roads weren't bad and Mike is a good driver.

Saturday is such a blur (I know, I should have done this sooner). We got up in the morning and hung out. We put the kids down for their nap, and Mike and I went to a movie (my parents went later that night with Cassidy and Nate). After their nap and our movie, we headed to Cedar City. Mike's sister Neena lives there and carries out the Brown tradition of Little Christmas Eve. It is a big Norwegian dinner held on Dec. 23. There was tons of food and not very many people.




We got home around 10:00 that night, but it was good to be with family.

Sunday morning brought 11:00 church (not my parents ward, but a time we could all make). We came home, ate lunch, put the kids down for a nap. I wrapped some gifts and Mike read. He was reading "The Five people you Meet in Heaven" while we were down there, a book my parents own, so he spent time getting that book read.

That night we had Christmas Eve Dinner. Dad made the traditional Mulligan Stew (dutch oven, delicious dinner).




My dad's sister Judy and her husband Larry just made St. George their permanent home, so they came over and ate with us. And that night we did our other tradition, we drove around and looked at lights. The biggest down fall of that is that we can not all fit in one car. We had to take two.

That night we weren't up too late, just until 11:30 or so waiting for Santa.

No comments: