So, Wednesday dad was in town. We did dinner with him and Cassidy and Nate in Springville. It was a tad of a pain to drive home from work (both Mike and I were working that day), get the kids from the sitter, take them home, do a few things, reload, and drive all the way out to Springville. But it was good to see family.
The babysitter has been winning some food battles with Ashton, and so it has motivated us to win some too. Ashton decided he didn't want to eat any of his food, because it didn't look like what we normally have at home. We were able to get him to eat a few bites. For the fight he puts up, you would think that we were trying to kill the kid with food. What a pill.
Thursday, I played basketball at the church again. We forfeited and then tied. We lead most of the game, but lost it in the second half, we were just worn out.
On Friday I went and visited with Amber Sandberg and kids. We had planned to get together the week after Christmas, but we've each been canceling. It finally happened on Friday. My kids had a great time. It is always fun to play with someone else's toys.
Does anyone else have the same problem that I do on Saturday? I am so ornery!!! It seems like it every week. It should enjoy it. It is a day that I am home that I don't have to work. But I am always on edge. I think part of it is that it is my only day to clean. Also, I really want to sleep in, but never get to. I guess I better work on being nicer on Saturdays. I needed something to look forward to on Saturday so I made arrangements to see the Fry's. We hadn't been to their house in a long time, so we drove up to Bountiful. It was so nice to leave the house. We made homemade personal pizza's for dinner, and then just let the kids play.
Emma and Brynn were so cute, they played dress up. And Ashton had a great time playing with all of Gavin's trains and cars/trucks. We ended up staying just a little too long (9:30). Note to self, be in early on Saturday night with 8:30 a.m. church.
This week is chalking up to be a busy one too. On Saturday, Ashton turns 4.

1 comment:
Yes! I too am anxious and wired on Saturdays making me crabby. I have all these things I need to get done but am worn out from the week and just really want to sleep. Sundays I can be a crab too. I need to work on that.
The little princesses are too cute!
Post a Comment