Monday - I had to work the late shift at work, but convinced my boss (who usually stays late anyway) to cover for me from 4:30 to 5:30 while I ran to Mike's work BBQ. It was held at a park in Provo, they had rented great blow-up stuff for the kids. The kids had a great time and Mike was teased at work the following day for having more fun than the kids. Mostly he was being a great dad and helping Emma go down the big slide because she couldn't do it herself, but she loved it. I even took Emma down the slide. Ashton had so much fun he wouldn't even stop to eat. He found some ROTC girls who were marching around the field and he thought he would join in. I bet he was driving them crazy, but it was really cute.
Tuesday - I had to do visiting teaching, and now I know my sisters so well, that it's typically 45 min - 1 hour at each sisters home.
Wednesday - Young Women's of course. We played night games and had lots of fun.
Thursday - We drove to Mountain Green Utah (not far from Ogden) to go to a family BBQ to celebrate a wedding. One of Mike's many cousins got married. Nearly all of Mike's immediate family went. They had a great yard, the kids loved it, and it was good for Mike to see some of his extended family members. Especially his Grandpa Brown (Mike's only living grandparent). The only issue was the traveling time. We had to travel through Bountiful, and of course hit traffic. It took us about 1 1/2 to get there and just over an hour to get home. That's a pain on a work night.
Friday - We had a girls night. It was great, I really needed it. We went to a movie, Devil Wears Prada. I really think it is a cute show, and definitely guy worthy. But we had fun as all girls checking it out. Then we went back to Melinda's had hot chocolate, chatted, played a card game and chatted some more. I didn't get home till after 3:00. Oh, what a late night, but it was sooo good!! And that night Mike's parents and his brother Paul and his wife stopped by the house to drop off a vehicle on their way to Cedar City (Paul moved this weekend). They came at 7:00 or so, and I had made a big dinner, so we convinced them to eat.
Saturday - Was conference and Mike had to work. So, I tried to juggle the kids and watch conference. It went better than I planned, but needless to say, I will need to read the conference issue of the Ensign. I took the kids out for ice cream that night and then Mike got off of work about 1/2 hour early, and decided to go to Tooele to help his brother unload the moving truck. Mindy had stopped by to get their vehicle at about 6:30. They had thought they would be by around 4:00. It always takes longer to pack up then you think. Mike got home at about 1:00, and he brought his parents to stay the night. I went to bed at 10:00 due to my previously late night.
Sunday - Was again general conference. Mike's parents were there to watch the morning session with us. The kids love seeing grandma and grandpa Brown. Lately there has not been any reason to go to Price. The kids went while I was at girls camp, and Mike was there during the April General Conference, but I can't remember the last time I was there. It was probably Christmas. And we won't be going again until Thanksgiving.
Anyway, that is our week in a glance. Now it's no wonder that the week files by!!!

2 comments:
Girls night was so much fun! We cannot let this tradition go!
We will be in Price for Thanksgiving too!! Well, we might be in Scofield but possibly Price. It would be fun to see you, although family gatherings are usually very time consuming.
Post a Comment