Thursday, October 05, 2006

Once Upon a Time . . .

Once upon a time there were two children named Ashton and Emma who decided that they loved to hear their mother make up stories (even though she's not very good). And they were so funny, because they gave her really wired starting points. Mom tell us a story about a leaf or an old burrito. What goofy kids. During lunch time yesterday I believe I made up three different stories including one about a train.

Other things going on this week:

Ashton got to go on his very first trip with his Preschool class on Tuesday. They went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Each Mom (or parent) is only required to go on one field trip per year. It would have been really fun to go, but I'm glad I didn't sign up, with work it would have been really hard.

Mike's work schedule has been a little wired this past week and will continue into next week at least. The night manager quit and they haven't replaced him yet, so Mike has to work two night shifts per week. It has been nice because we don't have to get a babysitter, we can adjust our schedule to handle the days Mike works nights, but it is hard because we don't see each other. We were home Monday night together, Mike worked Tuesday night, I had Mutual on Wednesday night, Mike's working tonight, and we'll be together tomorrow night. But Mike works on Saturday and Sunday, so it is a little hard to deal with his work schedule. Again, it saved us money but it's hard on our relationship. That is why we decided it was more important to pay for two days of babysitting so that we could spend some time together.

Finally, today I got a really bad headache at work. I came home at 2:30 so that Mike could go to work, and because I had an appointment at the Mandalyn Academy in AF. Cassidy (my sister) is a student there and I had her make me an appointment with her last week. She scheduled me for a facial and then threw in an eyelash tinting. The facial was really relaxing and great. I'm so glad I did it. Thanks Cass.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Eyelash tinting. Very intresting. How much did it cost? Do you like it??

Andrea B. said...

My sister did the eyelash tinting for free, so I would have to ask what it cost. I didn't know if it would make any difference since my eyelashes are so dark, but it seemed to make them stand out a little more. I actually do like it.