Again, our week has been terribly busy. And I'm sure you all want to hear about it. So, I will just give you some of the highlights. I realized that I like to blog a lot more about me than the kids. So, I will work on that, more about the kids. Got it!
On Monday, we all (Mike's siblings living in the area) drove out to Tooele to see Paul and Mindy's new house. They've only lived in it a week, so we figured we might as well do our damage now. While driving out there, Ashton started to whine and complain about needing to go potty. We drove the back way to Tooele and there was no where but wide open spaces to stop. After about 1 minute of seeing if Ashton could hold it, and seeing the look on his face, we pulled over. So, we had our first potty break on the side of the road. I made Mike handle it. Ashton was great.
Anyway, we made it to Paul and Mindy's with no potty accident's. Hurray!!! That night we had a great time with family, loved seeing Paul and Mindy's house and had a wonderful dinner. I had my camera, but didn't use it, so you get no pictures. Sorry.
Emma has lately been our bedtime trouble child. About every 2 minutes she finds a reason to use this fake cry she's developed. It is the saddest cry, and if I didn't know better, I would think she was hurt terribly, but I've learned better. She also will decide "Mama, I need sump'in." It is her way of stalling. I'm very tempted to give the binki back. She is driving me crazy. The other night while talking to my mom on the phone, she did the super sad cry and said "Open the door." Needless to say, bedtime is my least favorite time.
Mike worked Tuesday night. I got a babysitter so I could go to Enrichment's Finishing Night. I started working on my Fantastic Friday project. When it is done, I will post a picture.
On Wednesday, Mike had a boy's night, and I ran over to Young Women's with the kids. I wasn't there long.
On Thursday we went to Springville to celebrate my cousins birthday. Dylan was born on my 19th birthday. It is so nice of my aunt Angie to plan a birthday party for me every year!!!
Friday night, Mike worked. But Mike and I were actually home together on Saturday. That is the first time in a long time. Mike worked in the yard with the kids, and I cleaned the house. That night we got a babysitter and went to a movie. We saw The Guardian. I thought it was okay, but Mike didn't seem too impressed. He compared it to Top Gun but with the Coast Guard. The movie did drag in places, and the plot could have been shortened, but I liked it.
On Sunday neither of the kids napped, and Mike worked. I was going crazy. But I got them to church, and it made me feel better. The kids do great in nursery, so, it makes it a lot easier. And, we found out that they will be splitting the nursery next week. Good thing, it has been way to busy for all those kids to be in there. If I had an 18 month old, I wouldn't want to take them to nursery, I'd be afraid of kids like Ashton beating up on my babe.
We had movie night again on Sunday, we bought the Fox and the Hound on Saturday and let the kids watch that. Ashton was glued. It was so cute. The only good news about Sunday was that the kids went to sleep super early. Yeah!!!!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment