Sunday, October 08, 2006

29 and Going Strong

I'm 29. On Friday I had my 29th birthday. It is supposed to be the best year of my life. I sure hope so, I could use a great year.

So, I stayed home from work on Friday, and for the most part didn't work. I took Emma in to get her two year old pictures taken. She had a black eye the week of her birthday, so I didn't do them then. And I really don't know why I hadn't thought about getting them done again. But I did this week, so I went and got them done. She was so good, and they turned out really cute. I was worried because last time she was a pill. She didn't like the girl touching her, and wouldn't smile. This time she was great. Hooray!!!

Then, I met up with some girl friends from the ward and their kids and did some lunch. We met at Artic Circle. It obviously wasn't the best lunch, but good for the kids, and fun to hang out with the other moms. It makes me feel like a stay at home mom when I get to do that.

I got home and did a little bit of work on the computer and the phone, then I took a nap. That was great.

When Mike got home, I had arranged for a babysitter, and we went out to dinner. We were going to go to Sundance, but decided not to. So, we went to Ottavio's. It was nice. We did a call ahead - very smart.

After dinner we decided to kill some time and shop at Kohl's. The bad news is that I only bought things for the kids.

We got home and I ran the babysitter home and then stopped by the church, they were doing Fantastic Friday. I visited and then took home my project, knowing that I would finish it another time (hopefully this Tuesday at Finishing Night).

When I got home, Mike and the kids were making me a cake, and they had gotten out my present. I got to lick the spatula, and chill out in my new sunglasses. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Fun Birthday! Really, with kids and work, we can't expect much so a night out and cake is wonderful don't you think?? Plus the nap...that is icing on the cake! My birthday this year was a total bust because we were painting like crazy, but next year I want to go all out.

Melinda said...

YAY! It was fun to visit! And, I'll be joining you at finishing night.