Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It is Done

So, it happened on Sunday, I was released from my Young Women's President calling. Wow. It has been 3 years, 2 months and about 2 weeks that I have been President. I got called after living in this ward for 1 year (to the weekend). Ashton was only 6 months old. So, of course I had Emma while I was President.

In so many ways, I am relieved. I don't have the stress of being president, I don't have the meetings anymore, etc. But I'm also very sad. Those girls have been my girls for the past three years, and I have grown to love so many of them.

And it is just so wierd. One day I'm in and in charge and now, I'm not. Mike asked if I had to go to mutual this week, and of course, I don't. I'm done.

The other sad part is that it was so fun to be with the other women leaders. We had such a good bunch of ladies. It will be hard not to see them every Wednesday and Sunday.

Andrea Morrill (my first counselor) has been in Young Women's longer than I have. She was the secretary for the previous president and then the miamaid advisor. When I first got in, I left all the advisors (Andrea Morrill, Laura Chamberlain, and Brenda Favilla). I kept Frankie Gibson as the first counselor, I called Jarah Christensen as the second counselor (she had just been the assistant camp director), and left Stephanie Jones as the secretary. Since then, there has been some changes. Frankie left her calling as first counselor, and I called Andrea Morrill to fill that position. Stephanie Jones was released to be a member of the primary presidency, and replaced by Jessica Waddell who was replaced by Melinda Randall (who had been a Miamaid Advisor) when Jessica moved. Mindee Cowley was a maimaid advisor. Jennie Lund was the beehive advisor and music coordinator relpacing Laura Chamberlain who went to the stake YW Presidency. Brancy Davis and Karyn Esplin were laurel advisors. Becky Anderson was camp director. In the end, it was me, Andrea Morrill, Karyn Esplin and Melinda Randall. Jarah was camp director and Nikki Abbott had been called as her assistant. Deelisa Panton has been called as the laurel advisor and Heather Cook was the beehive/miamaid advisor. I'm sure I forgot someone in there, after three years, it's hard to remember.

Here we all are at girls camp - Left to right Deelisa, Heather, me, Melinda, Andrea M., and Karyn.

Anyway, I know that Deelisa will do a great job as President. She is really good with the girls, and I have loved having her as an advisor, it has been great.

Here Deelisa and I are up at Girls Camp. If we'd only known then what we know now.

I'd been worried that they were taking totally new people and putting them in, and their was this huge possibility of things totally changing. With Deelisa in, I'm not worried. She knows how much easier it is to just keep the flow and begin to make small changes.

It's just amazing to look back at how I got the program and what it is now. I'm proud of what we did.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Note to self: stop reading blogs at work because it's embarassing to get all weepy at my desk.

Elisa said...

Wow, so many years of being in charge that is great. I always tell Darin I make a great 2nd counselor but please please no more president of anything.