Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cold Park City and Sunny St. George

Sorry about the bad blogging last week was really busy. I had a presentation to give on Thursday, and the data wasn't ready so Tim and I were cutting some new ground. I work with Tim and recruited him to give a presentation with me, and I was glad I did, he was a huge help. Tim had the presentation all gussied up and ready to go for Thursday, he even went into the office before he drove to Park City to make copies of the presentation, and I was glad he did because the power went off during our presentation, and we relied on the handouts. The power was off for the last 20 minutes of our 45 minute presentation. At least we had natural light, I know at least one of the other presentations did not.

Park City was great. The conference was good, and I got to do some shopping. Tim and I ate dinner at my favorite place, Baja Cantina, and then I hit the outlets for nearly 3 hours before they closed. It was nice because we usually either have the kids when we shop the outlets or the kids are napping and we're shopping fast so we can get back to the kids. So, I got to take my time and shop in stores I usually wouldn't. My only complaint was that at 2:30 a.m. the smoke alarm in the room next door began to chirp/beep. It did every 30 seconds until about 7:45 a.m. I had called the front desk but our rooms had vaulted ceilings and he didn't have a ladder. Had it been my room, I would have moved, but not really possible when it's the room next door. The conference was at the Chateaux in Deer Valley. It was beautiful.

Because I was in Park City, Mike was set to be in charge of the kids. But last minute on Wednesday night, we decided Emma was too sick to be at the babysitter and Mike drove them to Price on Thursday morning. Emma had a runny nose and was super whinny to me Wednesday night. I was nervous that the babysitter would have her and she would be terrible. I was afraid the babysitter would call Mike and say come get your kids, and Mike wouldn't be able to leave work.

So, on Friday, I left the conference a little bit early, and came home, packed for me and the kids. Then I drove to the hotel and traded Mike cars, and finally met Mike's parents at Billy's Mountain in Spanish Fork Canyon. Then the kids and I drove to St. George. We left Spanish Fork at about 3:00. I stopped in Fillmore for gas and woke Emma up. But I also felt like I needed to give Ashton a potty break. I had to stop a few more times for annoying things like tents (blankets up in the windows blocking the sun) but it was pretty good.


My parents watched the kids Saturday morning while I went shopping. We ate dinner out, rode the four wheeler, played the pin ball machine, went swimming (with Grandad) played at Joey's house, and bought Ashton's major Christmas present (a bike). I figured it was best to buy it and leave it in St. George since that was where we'd be spending Christmas. Ashton even got attached to the movie "Oliver and Company".


All in all, it was busy but good. We came home on Monday (to avoid traffic, and stopped at Neena's). It was good to let the kids run around and work off some energy before the long drive home.

No comments: