The last few days have been busy, fun, and overwhelming.
First, an update on swim lessons. They have been going great. The first day, was a little hard on Ashton. I put him in his line (Pre-school) and went to take my shirt off. When I looked up, he was gone. I don't know what distracted him, but he got lost. You would think with bright green shorts he wouldn't be hard to find, but he was harder to find than I thought. He was almost to leave the swim area when I found him, and he was crying. When it came time to start his class, he didn't want to leave my side. It took 15-20 minutes for him to go into the water and play with his teacher. In the mean time, Emma and I were trying to figure out what was going on with our Parent-Tot class. After the first day, things at swim lessons have been great. Ashton likes his teacher Megan, and Emma loves swim lessons. She has loved learning new songs - Hokey Pokey, and Tiny Tim the Turtle. We have lots of fun. It has been great for me to be able to take them. I hope I can do it next year, because it is lots of fun.
On Friday, we went to Pirates of the Caribbean II. It was good. I don't know what my deal was, but I was having the hardest time following the movie. The plot is a lot different from the first. And it is definitely PG-13. I don't think I would take a 10 year-old to it. It's not that kind of movie.
Saturday was a long day. We went to a grave side service for Andrew Fry's mother (Heather Fry). Our condolences go out to their family. And then Mike and I did dinner with Paul and Mindy (congratulations to Mindy - due date, Jan. 19). We went to Happy Sumo. That made Mike really happy. A special thanks to Melinda and Jason Randall who watched the kids while we went to dinner. I really appreciated it. It was a long day of chasing the kids around the graveyard and church during the lunch.
Today is Sunday, and I really don't know how we are going to make it six more months of this terrible church time. Mike had to go into work at 12:30 instead of 2:00. That meant no sacrament for me, because Emma didn't fall asleep for an hour (1:00 is when she fell asleep). So, I put Ashton down for a nap too, since I wouldn't be going to sacrament. I had to wake both of them up from a nap. Ashton did not want to go to church. I had to take a crying boy to church. I, with the help Melanie, was able to get both the kids in nursery. It's a good thing there are women who can help other women.
I guess that is my blog today. Thanks to my women friends. And thanks to Cass and Nate who are going to baby sit my kids tonight so I can go to the Bishop's Fireside with the youth.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We were glad to help! The kids were fun. And, thank you for covering for me at the fireside for my Dad's birthday!
Glad to hear your kids are enjoying their swim classes! Don't worry about not following Pirates of the Carribean II. I just heard a review from a film critic who said he was confused most of the time too.
Post a Comment