Note: I will post camp pictures when I can - blogger is giving me hassels.
I figured I better do a good report of girls camp since it consumed my life for a week.
Tuesday was the first day. The best part of girls camp is that we have it at Mutual Dell which is only about 20-30 minutes away. So, if you forget something, arrangements can be made. We definitely got a workout setting up camp. We pulled wagons up a pretty steep hill. The first night was skit night. What a great bishop we have. He was there all week, and was an awesome rain cloud in our skit.
Wednesday was hike day. I ended up going on the second year hike which is the longest hike (besides the backpack). It was good, except we had the slowest girls and I ended up bringing up the rear. That just ended up turning a long hike into an extra long hike. But the leader of the hike made the other girls wait for most of the hike.
We got back to camp and my cute first years set out a bucket full of cold water for my feet, and a cup of water for me and of course they reserved my seat. How sweet. They were down at craft and when they came back I found out that it was all to make me feel comfortable so they could strike. I had a nice cold water bottle dumped on me. Later I did find out it was only one girl plotting to get me (I got revenge on Thursday).
Wednesday night I went home to do dinner with Mike. Thursday was Mike's birthday, and I wanted to spend some time with him. He got home and I was all showered (thank goodness, I reeked). Then we got some dinner and saw a movie (Devil Wears Prada - very good I might add). I stayed home that night and went up to camp early Thursday morning (after I got a second shower).
Thursday included canoeing, and Survivor Games. Wow, I'm still super competitive. I was just extra glad that we didn't tip our canoe. We had an awesome value walk that night. And of course the culminating event of camp - testimony meeting. It was great. All the girls got up and said something.
Friday was nice. The girls were awesome and we were able to be cleaned up (with the help of our priesthood) by the time camp officially ended. We got to do confidence courses and games on the field that day. We made it home by about 3:00, hooray.
I loved camp, besides a few attitudes (which I'm sure I was not exempt from) and being tired, it went so well. The food, games, crafts, and girls were excellent; need I say more?
You can also get Melinda's report on her blog, Campin'.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We love how competitive you are. It's totally cute!
Fun! It sounds like you had a good time. I am glad, it's always hard to give away a week of your vacation time from work, or a week from your family but when things go well it makes it worth it.
Post a Comment