Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July - Run Ragged


Well, we've had a busy few days. Monday morning we started swim lessons. It didn't go as good as I hoped, but I'll talk about that another day. Mike's family came into town on Monday. We showed them the new laminate floor, did dinner, and then went swimming at the Provo Marriott, where Mike's parents and Neena & her kids stayed. We got home around 10:00 on Monday night.

On the 4th of July, we got up at 5:30 (kids at 6:00) to go to the hot air balloon launch. It was beautiful and worth doing again!!! I think we will try and do it next year on a day other than the 4th of July (they do it three different days. But it was so neat and such a unique experience.

Then we ate breakfast and attended the parade. I'll have to say that we had perfect weather for the parade. Usually it gets pretty hot, but it stayed moderately cool until the very end of the parade.

After the parade we headed home to chill out for an hour. And then over to Craig and Colleen's house (Mike's uncle and aunt) for a family BBQ. What a great house for a family gathering. They emptied the hot tub and made it a swimming pool with cold water. They had a ping pong table and volleyball net set up outside. They set up a slip and slide and put a sprinkler under the tramp. A pool table and fooseball table available down stairs. What more could you ask for. Expect for the horse rides. It was great.

We came home about 4:00. Ashton took a nap, while Emma played. Then I watched the kids and Daisy while Mike, Steve and Crystal went to a movie. All in all, Ashton napped about 2 hours and Emma only one.

Mike and I were so wiped out we were in bed by 9:30. What a long day. But it was great!! Happy 4th!!!!

No comments: