On Saturday, Mike went to work and us girls (Cass, Mom and I) had a girls day. We went shopping. We had lots of fun and a super great lunch.

On Sunday, I had meetings in the morning, while Mike slept in (we were still kidless). Then we went to church. We came home and had dinner, just as family members were arriving for Mike's B-day party (inspired by the kids). The kids were so excited for Birthday cake. Mike's two sisters, that live in the area, and their families came and then Cass and my mom, and Mike's parents brought the kids up from Price. It was just fun to hang out as family.
Monday - 24th of July. I got up early and drove to Mapleton to run in the Mapleton 5K. I only started training 3 weeks ago, and all last week I was at Girl's Camp and didn't run. To say the least, I was ill prepared. I only had two goals: 1) finish the race, 2) run the whole race - no walking. I accomplished both of them - hooray. I was able to finish the race in 30 min and 18 seconds. Not great, but I finished. Julie on the other hand won her age category and smoked me. Way to go Julie!!

After the race we watch the Mapleton Parade (Kevin's house is on the parade route). Several of my cousins (I'm the oldest so many of my cousins are young) dressed up as clowns - cute!! My kids missed it (the parade), Mike and the kids slept in. They got there just as the parade was ending. After the parade we played in Kevin's pool. It was lots of fun. Mike had to go into work, but the kids and I went over to see Cass's new house. They've done lots of work and it looks great.
I brought the kids home to nap (Ashton fell asleep in the car and that was his nap, but Emma slept good). Mike got done with work and then we headed up to SL area for a family BBQ. It's about the only Brown function that we always make it to. Mike only has one living grandparent, and he usually makes it to the BBQ. Ashton wore himself out pulling a wagon. And before we left we had to get a 4 generation picture. What a great picture for a scrapbook.

1 comment:
I like to run little 5 & 10 K's as well. We should run the Pioneer Day 10K next year, it goes along the parade route so all these people cheer you on. It's fun. I tried to train for a marathon earlier this year, but we bought a townhouse, it got cold, are now doing home improvments....it just didn't work out. I think it would be easier to train when kids can stay home alone in the mornings (like when they are all 6 or older.)or when Darin isn't working full time and going to school. Running is more than 45 min. with Miriam is NO FUN for either of us.
Post a Comment