Thursday, June 29, 2006

Things I LOVE About my Kids

Mike was giving me a hard time about the blog. He thinks I am using it too much to vent. So, I will try to be better about not venting (all the time) and telling all the bad things about my kids, but sharing all the good things about them too. Because I do love them - very much.

**I love little kid voices. Ashton and Emma have the cutest little lisps.

**Kids kisses. When they are willing they give them, they are the sweetest, heart felt kisses. And they love to give butterfly and Eskimo kisses too.

**Children singing. Both of the kids sing and it is so cute. I'm in here typing and I can hear Ashton in the kitchen singing a Thomas, the Tank Engine Song. Emma will even boss "Seen (sing) it, Mommy". Emma sings the alphabet so good. And Ashton thinks when I am mad at him at night, that if he sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" that I won't be mad at him any more.

**Emma says the cutest things. "I hold you, mommy. I hold you." Which really means "Hold me mommy". It is so cute. "Atin (Ashton), cyin (crying), mommy". And she even knows about timeout "Atin (Ashton) timeout, mommy". She talks so well for being only 21 months. She can form full sentences.

**Ashton is so willing to share. I have been so impressed with him lately. He is so willing to share his food, even his treats. If I give each of them a package of 'Smarties', Emma eats them so fast. She quickly shoves everything in her mouth and asks for more. Ashton on the other hand, is very slow and meticulous in eating his treats. But if you ask him to give two to Emma (because she's already ate all hers) he will - no problem. What a good kid.

**Emma loves to feed everyone from one of her kiddy spoons. She carries around a cup and a spoon and will make you have a bite. So, you pretend to eat it and say "Ummm" and she is so proud.

**Ashton makes the best puppy. He loves to play puppy and has the best puppy yelp down. We have been able to train our puppy and he doesn't lick us as much, any more (good thing).

**Emma is such a parrot. She loves to repeat. I went into the bedroom last night to find Emma stripped bare naked. I said "Dang it, Emma" and so she repeated "Dain it, dain it". Perfect - I better watch what I say.

**Ashton's silly games he plays with dad. Although, I wish Ashton would realize that mommy doesn't like to play those games. I don't really appreciate the "hhhhhaaaa" game. It is the opening of the mouth and expelling hot air in your face game. I'm not a fan, but dad will play with Ashton. Daddy and Ashton have lots of games they play. What a good dad.

**And finally, I LOVE that I'm the favorite. Even though daddy is more fun, and nicer than mean mommy, I am still the favorite. Hooray!! The kids all want mommy.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Cute time huh? I can't imagine them growing up.