Monday, June 12, 2006

Venting


Okay, so it is sad to say, but can I just tell you how much I hate Sunday's!!! They are not days of rest. They are days of yuck!!!! We have church at 1:30 this year and with young kids, it is just miserable. I don't know how other families do it!!! Emma gets a short nap, and is so grouchy during Sacrament Meeting. Ashton takes no nap. Yesterday, he told me "No, church Mom, nap!!" What kid asks for a nap?

Not to mention all the meetings that I have to go to. It's pretty bad when anytime I'm in a dress/skirt Ashton knows I'm going to church. "You go to church, Mom?" I know I really shouldn't complain, I'm sure men go to more meetings than I do, but still, there are Sunday's when I go to three meetings, it is just rediculus.

The only thing that makes Sunday's tolerable this year is the Sunday movie night that we have been having. After dinner, we pop popcorn (Ashton loves the popcorn popper) and go downstairs and watch a movie. It's typically a kids movie that we can stand, including movies like Harry Potter, (Harry Potty as Emma would say), Wallace and Grommit, Chicken Little, or Narina.

The only other thing that is positive is that with Ashton not taking a nap and Emma taking a shorter nap, they go to bed early (8:00 instead of 9:00). It just doesn't seem worth it. I can't wait until we have the 9:00 schedule next year. That will be 100,000 times better than this years schedule. And in case some of you didn't know, we belong to the true church (only 2 1/2 hours long). I would give up the short church schedule for a different church time, any day!!! Next year, we'll get the best of both worlds, short church and the 9:00 am schedule. I look forward to those days.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Amen, sista friend!

Elisa said...

Cute picture, and cute tradition.