Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mini Vacation?

Vacation - would make you think - rest, right? I'll have you know that our recent mini-vacation did not involve rest. I thought we would try to see how the kids did on a mini vacation so I could see if we ever wanted to take a real vacation. I can tell you that the only vacation we'll be taking will not include the kids.

Ryan and Julie and their kids, and Mike and I and our kids drove up to Salt Lake on Sunday night to stay in the SLC Downtown Marriott. It was mostly so we could do some swimming. Mike had to work Sunday night, so I drove to SL without him. We (everyone but Mike) walked around temple square just to kill some time. Then went back to the hotel to swim. The swimming pool and hot tub were nice. We were the only ones there for awhile. We had a good time.

The worst was bed time. It took the kids awhile to fall asleep while we were in the same room watching T.V. (I'm not surprised). Then, Emma woke up at 3:30 in the morning and cried. She wouldn't go back to sleep in the pack-n-play. So, I had to put her in bed with me (that meant it was Me, Ashton and Emma in a queen bed). Ashton didn't like Emma in bed with us, and Emma didn't want to sleep she just wanted to wiggle. Needless to say, we were awake till 5:30 when Mike finally just moved Ashton into bed with him (Ashton did not want to get in bed with daddy). We were pretty tired in the morning.


The next day we went to the zoo. The zoo was fun. It was hot out, but there is lots of shade, and we had some great company. Of course Ryan and Julie came with us, then Helene and her kids, and Kari and her kids. We had quite the group. It was fun. Ashton loved the train ride, of course. And today is mostly talking about seeing a spider at the zoo.


I'm glad we went to the zoo. My kids had never been. I could have done without the hotel stay, though.


Just a side note: A special thanks to my mom who watched my kids on Saturday night so I could go to Nicolle Taylor's wedding. Thanks mom. I know it wasn't easy; I really appreciate it.

No comments: