
I'd have to say in general that I'm feeling pretty content in my life. I've been in this program for work called UVSELF (Utah Valley State Executive Leadership Forum). And its main goal is to take people at UVSC and prep them in leadership skills for possible moves within the organization. They have you tell them what your interested in learning more about, etc. and then help you experience or learn more about those things throughout the year.
I have been talking about the possibility of leaving IR (Institutional Research) and working somewhere else in the college, just because it is not my passion. But I have finally come to the realization that my job is a good job for my time of life. I get to work from home, I have a good salary and benefits. And right now, there is no better job for me at the college.
I have also decided that a Ph.D. or an Ed.D. is not what I need to do right now in my life (I'm kind of getting pushed to do that at work). And I've come to realize that if I decide to stay in the Higher Education setting and I decide to go back for a Ph.D. It will probably be in business and it will be so that I can be a faculty member. Otherwise, I have enough education to do just fine in the business world.
I don't know why it has taken me so long to figure this out, but it has. And it is just good to know that I know I'm fine where I'm at. I am content.

3 comments:
Okay, my parents had those EXACT same chairs in our living room when I was growing up. Same color, same velvet, same shape. I love it!
It's good to be content. It's a hard place to get to. Don't let work push you out of it!
Darin has been working with Crista's husband at BYU the last couple of weeks. Small world!
Post a Comment