Friday, March 07, 2008

A Week, or More, Without Mike

So, in addition to working every day last week (including the weekend), he's worked everyday this week, and has sent me away this weekend so he can work some more. Luckily my dad has been around this week and stayed with us two nights, that has been really helpful, since Mike has stayed at the hotel the last three nights.

Mike invited me to the grand opening celebration yesterday (they had their first real guests last night). Mike and his boss had to throw a surprise party for the employees yesterday morning. They got it decorated and then Mike stayed awake to work on a slide show, and stayed up till 3:00 a.m. I guess my laptop was having issues. Anyway, everything went well yesterday and the grand opening celebration was great (Thanksgiving Point did the catering). It was delicious. They decorated it like a cruise ship. Mike and Brandon, his boss, wore duppey captain's hats. I'll have to get a picture to post.

Anyway, today the kids and I are going to go to St. George. Mike volunteered to work opening weekend, so, he encouraged us to go so that he wouldn't feel bad for ditching us. My dad is here, so we will follow him down today after lunch. It should be good. It's always nice to see the parents and play in St. George.

4 comments:

Joe and Julianne said...

Thanks for calling! Glad you had a good trip. Bummer that Mike had to work.

Jewel said...

Well I am glad that your husband invited you to the grand opening. That was nice of him. (I don't know why he wouldn't!!) Sounds REALLY fancy and fun.
Boy, in the hotel/ motel business I guess your husband really can stay at work for days on end. Sort of like a fireman or something.
Have fun in the sun!
I can't believe Mike doesn't like Idol. Well, I can- but to each his own huh.

Elisa said...

ohhh St. George would be so fun, and warm.

Kristin said...

And a week or 4 without Blogging!!!! I miss your blogs but you are amazing for all you get done in a day so I am amazed you have time to blog at all. Just wanted you to know I miss your blogs. Hope to see you writing again soon.