Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Before Easter

Oh how the weeks fly by. So the week after St. George flew by. Mike continued (and still does) to work lots. Due to Spring Break at UVSC, I had Friday, Mar. 14 off. I had wanted to take the kids to the Children's Museum at the Gateway, but instead I took them to Kangaroo Zoo. While there I ran into Emily (an old friend from my Orem ward). She lives in American Fork now, but even with us living so close, I rarely see her. We had a nice time catching up and letting the kids play. The boys held hands and had a great time excluding Emma. She always wants to tag along. Note to self, contact Emily for a play date. They would have so much fun.


Emily, Max, Andrea, Ashton, Jonas, Emma

I spent Saturday getting the house clean, I didn't do it the week before and the upcoming week was Easter weekend and we had plans. It's never fun to clean the house, but nice to get it done and feel the sense of accomplishment.

On Saturday, Paul and Mindy called while they were on their way to the Sportsman's Expo. Mike was working, and I was cleaning and alone with the kids so there was no way I was going to go. We invited them to do dinner with us later that night, though. Mike wanted to go to dinner so I arranged to have a babysitter. As time came closer for dinner, more and more of Mike's family showed up. I had no idea (I was glad I hadn't planned on cooking dinner, I was under prepared. Mike and I kept the sitter and went to dinner with his family (his mom and dad; Steve, Crystal and Daisy; and Paul, Mindy and Abby). We went to one of those places where they cook in front of you. The food was good, we even had sushi, but the service was slow. But always nice to try something new.

By Monday, St. Patrick's Day came. I have to say that we are real party poopers when it comes to that holiday. We did nothing. We talked about it, and I dressed Ashton in green, but Mike forgot to put anything green on Emma. I started thinking that we didn't do anything for St. Patti's Day when I was a kid. Maybe that's why I don't do anything for my kids - should I?

Thursday night was the only night we had time to color our Easter Eggs (I wanted Mike to be home for it). The kids were so excited and loved every minute of it. The kids could color thousands of eggs, but what would we do with them? I only did 8 (the kids got 3 each and there was one for Mike and one for me). The kids each ate one a little later that night.



4 comments:

Six Angels said...

Your family is adorable. I had a blast with you this weekend. Hope to do it again.
Keri

Six Angels said...

Oh ya,
And thanks for your excellent fashion consultation. You and Melinda rock!

The Jackson 3 said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Kangaroo ?? looks like a lot of fun.

Kristin said...

That is the big question for me. THe kids love dying the Easter eggs. but none of us like hard boiled eggs? What are we supposed to do with them? I can't see saying "No more dying eggs because we don't eat them" but I can't see eating them either.