Sunday, March 02, 2008

March in Like a Lion

So, we had great weather until Saturday, which was March first. And just like the weather, I caught a cold, and March came in like a mean old Lion for me. On Thursday, it really hit after the basketball game. On Friday, I sounded terrible. On Friday after I came home from work and cooked dinner, I went and laid down to chill out on my bed, and never really got up again that night. Saturday was a day Mike was working (again) and I was set to babysit for Melinda that afternoon. I chilled out all morning, and was fine to sit that afternoon. The sad part for Melinda was that her daughter Sara went through some separation anxiety and cried for nearly 45 minutes straight before I called to say, you better come pick her up. Laura stayed and played though and the kids got to play outside again. The babysitting gig went fine.

That night after Mike got home, I went to Heather's Surprise 30th Birthday Party. It was fun to see her, and the night went really well.

Finally Sunday hit. As I said, March came in like a Lion, and when I went to leave for church (Mike was working, again), the garage door came off it's rails, and I couldn't get it back down. There I was in my heels and a skirt, on a ladder, trying to pull the door down, and crying. That kinda ruined my day. Mike got home fairly early and worked with a neighbor to get it down, but it's in need of repair. Sad story for us.

Maybe I don't like March. Hopefully it will get better.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Bummer weekend!! Don't the worst things happen when the husband is gone? I guess it seems that way cuz they're gone! If they were home it wouldn't at all!
Hope you have a better weekend this weekend.

Melinda said...

Sorry Sara was such a pill, but we appreciate the time we got. We'll have to have you over for dinner and to enjoy the fruits of our labors when the basement is finally complete.

Kristin said...

Weekends like that are great for one thing. They make boring weekends seem great in comparison. Hope this weekend was a better one. Tim told me your garage story already. I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

yeah, that was me who deleted the exact same message as above. I accidently sent it twice. Sorry.

Sonja said...

That stinks. I think you deserve a night away~with your husband!
Hope your feeling better now.