After the session Helene and I came back to my house. Paul and Mindy had just arrived. We hung out at the house until it was time to go to a church in American Fork for the Easter Egg hunt. There was a good group of kids there, but you couldn't believe how much stuff they had for the Easter Egg Hunt. It was unreal. My kids ended up with two buckets full (and more).
They proceeded to have a dinner, some games for the kids, and a slide show. The slide show was an hour long and went through every family. It was amazing. The family that organized it did a ton of work!!! They also made a family tree with everyone's picture on it. It stretched nearly the full length of the short wall of the gym. They also took a picture of everyone there (well, except Ashton and Gavin who had disappeared). We found them later out in Helene's van (we thought it was locked). It was a great night. We didn't know a lot of people, but it's good to know you have family.
Easter Sunday was great. The kids weren't up too early, and I was able to keep Ashton in bed with us till Emma got up (then our bed became a little too crowded). I made them stay in my bed with Mike while I went and got the video camera ready (I had meant to do it the night before but was too lazy). Then I let the kids get up. But I made them get Mike up - that was quite a chore. He had worked the last two Easter's and I wanted him to share it with them.
We went to church that day and after church went to Mapleton to have Easter dinner with my mom's side of the family. I took my camera, but didn't take any pictures. We were a little late for dinner, but it was good. After dinner we mostly hung out and ignored our kids while they played. They did pretty well, and we had a nice time.

3 comments:
Looks like you had a great holiday!
Wow, that is quite the reunion. Looks like fun.
That blog about Emma's mind made me smile. I have one of those. They will go far in life!
Post a Comment