Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Pre-Easter and Birthday Festivities

Easter weekend was a really busy one, but I made it that way.  It was good though, and the kids loved it.

It started with the PG Easter Egg hunt on Saturday.  We were there at 9:00 but it didn't start till 10:00, so we ran an errand and went home, then came back at 10:00.  I met up the the Becht's and it was so helpful.  Harold took the older kids to do their hunt and Mel and I took the little kids to their hunt.

I had Emma practice with Elina the night before so that Elina knew what to do.  We've taken kids before to hunts and your yelling at them to pick up eggs and put them in a basket and they just don't get it.  But Elina was ready.  The kids all did well, and thought it was great that Sonic gave out free Ice cream's and Hamburgers.

It looks like the practice paid off, Elina did great

 Look at these cute kids

Then I drove out to Mapleton to attend a Easter Egg Hunt in my grandparents ward.  It's huge.  A few years ago they gave away several bikes (one in each age category).  This year there was money.  I think the largest bill was $50.  Ashton was lucky enough to find an egg with $20 in it.  The first thing he said to me "You don't get to put it in the bank!".  We meet up with Cass and Nate, and Ryan's girls.  Elina and Bridger hunted together, Emma and Laryn hunted together and Ashton hunted alone and so did Kylee (Kylee was in the oldest age group this year).  After the hunt, we headed to grandma and grandpa's for some lunch.  They cooked up some hot dogs and had some chips and salads.  Doug and his boys showed up to eat and chill at grandma's house.
 
All the hunters and their loot

 Laryn and Emma, so proud

 Ashton with his big score

 Cass was nice and took this picture of me and Elina

 Bridger and Elina what cuties

After Grandma's house we headed home to chill for a few hours.  The kids ate some candy, Elina took a nap, and so did I.  Then we headed out to get Mike from work and go to Helene & Andrew's.  I was hoping Helene would help me with my hair, and Mike need to work on his bike.  We also figured we'd take Elina's cake up there and celebrate with some family (so someone else could help us eat cake).

Elina got tired, and asked for her binki and blanket while she was in the baby swing

Elina's Birthday cake

I love that smile, she loved when we sang to her

Elina loved when we sang to her, her face just lite up it was so cute.  Mike was able to work on his bike and went on a ride with Andrew.  Helene was afraid that Andrew would ride Mike into the ground, but Mike is awesome, and has ridden tons of miles already this year; he was fine.  Helene helped me color my hair, and the kids had a great time playing.  It was great.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

What a fun Easter! Ours was a bit of a dud, but that's what happens when you have a newborn!