Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Day's of School

Things were busy the week before school ended, not only was I trying to finish up my work (because I was having a baby the next week) but the kids were trying to finish up their work so they could play the last week of school.

On the Thursday before school ended, Ashton did his animal report.  He had chosen to do it on the Great White Shark.  He had to write a report and then do a diorama or a poster.  He did his report mostly at school, but we had to help him with his poster and then he had to know three facts about his animal to tell people when they came by to see his poster.

Ashton and his poster

He did a great job with his facts and was so proud of his work.  It was fun to see all the different animals kids in his class choose.

After I saw Ashton's poster, I went to Emma's class to see her Graduation.  Each member of her class showed a letter, and then said something about how they used that letter this year (C is for the costumes that we wore on Halloween), they sang songs, recited a poem, and then had a slide show of pictures from the year.  We even got to have refreshments once the program was over.

 Emma and her letter C

Emma knew all the words and actions to the songs

 Emma getting her diploma from Mrs. Longnecker

Emma, Mrs. Longnecker, and Riley

Emma did a great job.  She had a great year in kindergarten.  I hope she loves 1st grade as much as she loved kindergarten.  Great job Emma!

The Friday before school ended was the fun run and Field Day.  I figured that I could help out with field day if all I had to do was sit (again, baby due).  So, I got to be in charge of the soccer dribble.  It was great since I had to have Elina with me as well.  I only did the morning (which is when my kids were participating in field day), and then took Elina home to nap.  It turned out great.

Ashton doing the soccer dribble

Emma and Taite, they were partners for field day

Ashton said he would not do the fun run, but in the end participated, I was glad.  So did Emma, she ran with Maddi Hemenway.  Ashton came and did the soccer dribble.  Emma wouldn't but she did stop by and say hi.  I would say it was a great end to the school year.  And I was glad that I got to help out at the school (those are the times I feel like a mom).

No comments: