Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ethan Matthew Brown

Ethan Matthew Brown
Born May 31, 2011
8 pds, 6 oz
20 inches

Our sweet baby Ethan

I'm only 4 weeks late with this post, but I'm trying to get back on track , it's taken me a while to get caught up.

Andrea (me) 39 weeks pregnant

Ethan Matthew Brown was born on Tuesday, May 31, 2011.  Since it was Memorial Day weekend, I couldn't deliver 7 days early, so I got to deliver 5 day's early.  I was the first C-Section of the morning and had to be there at 6:00 a.m.  Mike always hates the sit and wait while I get my meds and my fluids.  But, the nice thing is, I have a baby by about 7:45.

 Ethan, our biggest baby at 8 pds, 6 oz

Me getting to see Ethan before he goes to the nursery

Everything went really well.  Usually our C-Section babies need to have some extra time in the nursery, but not Ethan, he was ready long before I was ready.

I decided not to have any Morphine in my spinal, and although the pain was really bad the first 4 hours, after that I was fine.  And I didn't throw up, and I wasn't itchy; I thought it was a plus.  I think I would do it that way again.

My biggest issue was my air pocket.  It was terrible on Tuesday night.  I was about to send Mike home to sleep and my air pocket was so bad and I started to freak out.  I had to walk around for an hour or so before I could stand to get in bed.  And I made Mike stay in case I had an issue in the middle of the night (I didn't, sorry Mike).

My air pocket lingered till Wednesday night, but by Thursday it was gone.  I was feeling great Thursday morning, but decided not to go home because my kids were home, and I didn't want to be crawled on by all the kids.  But in the end, the kids went to Price that day, so, I was able to get released on Thursday night.  

Me and Ethan

Emma and Ethan (that girl could hardly stand to be away from me and Ethan - at least the first few days)

Elina and Ethan (she did surprisingly well)

Ashton and Ethan (Ashton loved him for a few minutes and was done)

Ethan (he looks so different here from the picture below)

Ethan wide awake for Grandma

My mom took care of the kids on Tuesday and half the day Wenesday.  Mike's parents came up to watch the kids and send them to school the rest of the week, Wednesday and through Friday, before taking them home.  But in the end, the kids decided they were done with school on Wednesday.  They didn't go to school on Thursday so, Mike's parents took them to Price on Thursday. 

All in all, things went well.  We are so happy to have Ethan!  What a sweet baby!

10 comments:

Missy said...

Congrats! I can't believe you already had hour baby! He is precious and blonde!

Cass said...

What great posts!! Bridger has made me re-ply Elina singing like 100 times. We love her little voice!! We're so grateful Ethan has joined our family, he's so sweet!!

Heather said...

Yeah - I've been excited to see what he looks like and hear how things went. He's darling. Congratulations! Little Elina is Deanna Jr. So cute. Hope to see you sometime this summer!

Scott & Annie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! I have been checking to see this baby. I love the name you chose-He is so handsome.

The Jackson 3 said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Karyn said...

Go, Andrea, go! I am proud of you for getting this far in blogging. Ethan is so cute! Doesn't he feel like he's been part of your family forever already? That's what I feel like when I have a baby. I am glad all went well. Keep posting. I love reading your stories.

Deborah said...

Ethan is so precious! I hope everyone is adjusting well to having a new one around.

Deborah said...

Ethan is so precious! I hope everyone is adjusting well to having a new one around.

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

He's such a cutie! It was so fun to see him last week with his long, highlighted hair. 8)

Becky said...

Congrats!!