Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Baby is 1

This is Elina just a few days before she turned 1.  I was trying to get a good picture of her to put on the show "Good Things Utah".  Anyway, this is my beautiful girl, who is now 1.  It is so sad how quickly time goes by.

My mom came in town to celebrate Elina's birthday with us.  We ended up having Elina open gifts and eat cake and ice cream on Sunday even though her birthday was on Saturday.  We had a simple party with just our family and my mom (Cass, Nate and Bridger couldn't make it over).

She loved being the center of attention and loved her new gifts. Ashton and Emma had a hard time letting it be Elina's day.  They wanted to help open every gift (and by help I mean do it for her).  But she didn't mind.


Here's her birthday cake.  I think it is so cute.   And she is happy with it.  It was so hard to keep her up there by the cake, she would quickly lunge for the cake, and try and grab a handful.  I'm surprised the cake made it.

Then we stripped her down for some good cake eating.  Who doesn't love a chocolate covered naked baby?

She started pretty slow with some help from dad and Emma.  But before long, she didn't need any help at all.

She was quite happy to be having something so sweet.  We usually don't feed her many treats.  But she sure loves them.

In the end, she ate and played with her one piece.  What was next?  Well a good bath of course.  She had so much fun in there too!

All in all it was great to have Elina's first birthday.  She is a cute, sweet, happy girl.  She melts our hearts.  It is such a blessing to have her in our family.

Happy First Birthday Elina!!

6 comments:

The Jackson 3 said...

Happy Birthday Elina! She is adorable!

Cass said...

Happy Birthday Elina, sorry we missed the party. I love the chocolate covered face, too cute!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I think she looks just like Mike in the pictures with cake all over her face!

Marenda

Missy said...

Wow! She's one! So crazy. I just LOVE her eyelashes. She really got into that cake!

Karyn said...

How did she get to be one already? That's crazy! I love the cake picture and the bathtub picture. She sure looks like she is enjoying herself!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

I agree with you--no one can resist a cute, chocolate-covered naked baby! I can't believe she's already one year old.