Monday, October 01, 2007

Lost and Found

Well, for those of you who check my blog regularly, you've noticed that I took a blogging hiatus. We'll have to see if I have really decided to come out of it or not.

Just so you know, there are a few new posts that I had started (for August and September) and you may want to go and read those because now they are finished.

So, why did I take a break? I really don't know. My life has seemed real busy, but no busier than usual. I can't really place my finger on what has changed and why I haven't blogged lately. There is nothing really big in our lives that has happened that would cause this change. Maybe I just needed a break.

So, here is a recap of our September.

Labor Day weekend, as you may have read, was spent dealing with water damage in the basement and the remaking of bedrooms for the kids. They each got their own rooms. That also means that the computer is now in the kitchen and there is a TV in the room just off the kitchen (yuck).

On Wednesday Sept. 5 I got to go out to dinner with my old YW presidency. It was great. We ate at the Training Table and stayed until they closed. I just love those ladies (Andrea, Melinda, Karyn).

Because Mike had to work the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, he got to stay home on Friday Sept. 7. That weekend Ashton still had soccer, and Mike had to work to fix the sprinkler that had caused the flood damage in the house. Mike and I also had babysitting duty that weekend. It was too bad for one family. Their daughter didn't want to come to our house, and they choose to take her home (they ended up calling a babysitter). I'm glad my kids don't have issues going to other peoples homes.

The next Monday, Sept. 10 we went to the State Fair. We couldn't go until after work, so we didn't get to spend a lot of time there, but it is one of our new traditions and it was a lot of fun. Almost all of Mike's family was there, Kari and her kids, Helene and her kids, Paul and Mindy and Abbey, and Steve and Crystal and Daisy. The kids got to ride on the pony's, see a whole bunch of animals and ride the big yellow slide.




Tuesday, Sept. 11 Emma got to start dance class. Because she misses the school deadline she still has 3 years before she can start kindergarten. Instead of paying for preschool this year, I opted to have her do ballet at The Academy of Ballet. It gave her something to look forward to, and a friend to do it with. Thanks Melinda for being in charge of Emma for ballet. I really appreciate it. Aren't these girls so cute!!

On Friday Emma turned 3. We had a family party on Sunday, so for her birthday, I made sure I made cupcakes with her. Both Emma and Ashton got to decorate some cupcakes. They had a great time. And Emma got to open two gifts that day. Emma's been really into dress-up lately, so that is what she mainly got for her birthday. My mom surprised me and showed up for Emma's party on Sunday. She even stayed till Tuesday and babysat the kids on Monday. It was great to have her. The weather was great and let us have the birthday party outside that Sunday (it was such a relief since the room just off the kitchen has a TV in it now). Emma's birthday cake was Little Mermaid. She loved it.




Friday night I also got to go to girls night. It wasn't a big group, but we had a lot of fun talking and eating.

Saturday, Sept. 15 was Ashton's last soccer game (they played one more, but we were in Park City). He played well, but didn't score a goal, he was sad. He only scored one goal all year, and he actually scored for the other team. I'm glad he played soccer and hope he will play next year. Saturday night I got together with some friends from Price. Katy hosted the party at her house. I hadn't seen her since our high school reunion. And then I saw some people that I hadn't seen since high school or college. It is always nice to see old friends.




Sept. 10 through the 21st was a busy time at work for me. I had a major project that was past it's due date and they were putting some serious pressure on me to get it done by the 19th. I even worked in the office the morning of Emma's birthday. It was a stressful time.

Wednesday, Sept. 19 Mike and I went to the Guster Concert. It was supposed to be at the McKay Events Center but with no advertising, I don't think they sold enough tickets. It got moved to "In the Venue", which is a terrible venue. The concert was good, but I really wished we could have had seats. We got there late and stood in the back.

Friday Emma had her 3 year old appointment. She is getting so big, she weighs 32 pounds. It was a quick visit because all was well. Once we were done at the doctor's, I loaded up the kids and drove to Park City. Cassidy and Nate had gone up on Thursday night. And then Mike drove up after work. Cassidy, Nate and I hit the outlets for about 2 hours while the kids napped. And then that night we ate a Baja (as usual). There was a wait, so we decided to eat outside. It was a little cool, but okay. The next day Mike and I hit the outlets while the kids napped and then mom and dad cooked steak for dinner. It was good, and always nice to stay in Park City.

On Sunday, we invaded Paul and Mindy's house in Tooele. Everyone in Mike's family was there except for his sister Neena that lives in Cedar City. I hadn't been to their house since before they put in their yard. We had hoped the weather would be good so that the kids could play outside, but to no avail. We had a great time associating with family though.


On Wednesday, Sept. 26, I took Emma to get her 3 year-old pictures. She did a great job. She loves skirts and so I had just planned to get her picture taken in a skirt, but the lady at Penny's suggested I bring a change of clothes (she loves to dress-up). I thought it would be good to do pictures in her ballet clothes. It was so cute. I can't wait to get them back.

So, last Friday, we had date night again. Mike and I grabbed a quick dinner at Cafe Rio. Then we went to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Mike had seen it, but I hadn't. It was really good, and made for a good date night. Saturday was slow. Mike had traces of illness, and slept in. Mostly I cleaned the house. We had planned to have a yard sale, but the weather just didn't seem like it would work, so we are going to do that in about 2 weeks. Saturday night I went to the General Relief Society Broadcast. Our stake did a dinner before the broadcast. And then I went and got ice cream with Melinda and Andrea. It was great. Mike even had the kids in bed when I got home. I couldn't ask for more.

Well, I think that is it for the update. Hopefully I will post before too long!!!

3 comments:

The Jackson 3 said...

you have been busy. welcome back! That purple dance outfit for Emma was beautiful

Missy said...

Glad to have you back! You sound busy! Emma looks so cute in her little ballet outfit!

Elisa said...

Whew when you recap a whole month like that it seems even busier than usual. Glad you came back to blogging but I know what you mean, I take mini hiatus's all the time.

Darin was busy the night of the little reunion but I should have gone with the kids, I was just feeling lazy.