Tuesday night was a great night. My old YW's presidency got together for a birthday celebration. Me and the other Andrea have birthday's one week apart. So, we did dinner and went to the Park City Outlets to do some shopping. We only had an hour and a half to shop, but it was good. We did some shopping for kids and some shopping for us. Andrea only bought for her niece, and Melinda only bought for her girls. But Karyn and I got some personal shopping in. I've really felt like my work wardrobe has been yuck, and I got some great tops. Hooray for Melinda who is an excellent shopping buddy. Thanks Melinda for your great insight!!!
Then we went to eat at Squatters, I got to choose. It was really delicious. I had Fish and Chips and Melinda and I split regular fries and sweet potato fries. And we all got their home brewed root beer. Yummy!!!

I got into the house after midnight. Melinda had to give me a rendition of what our girls do when they should be doing a leap in ballet. It is so cute!!!
On Wednesday Ashton had another preschool field trip. This time it was to the fire station. A lot of it was geared for the parents, and not just the kids. The kids started by practicing with a fire alarm and smoke. They got put in a room and the room filled with smoke. They were taught to crawl out of the room and then to go to the meeting place. Next we got to see some fire fighters put out a gas fire. They moved together with two hoses and three guys to block the fires heat and turn the gas shut off valve. The kids loved it and they were doing it every 30 minutes.
Then the kids got cotton candy and we (the adults) got to see some movies about how quickly fires start and spread. We learned that we need to practice for fires so that the kids know what to do. We may not have time to get them out. Also, that we need to sleep with our bedroom doors closed.
Next we went out to take some pictures by the fire trucks. The kids had a good time climbing on them and checking them out.
Next the kids got to run the fire hoses. My kids butted in line the little sneaks. Ashton got to do the hose with Ryan Garside (Ryan is Diana Nelson's husband). I didn't realize it was him until I got the pictures home. I did find Ryan later and talk to him, but I didn't get to see Diana and the girls.
At that point I tried to leave, but lost my battle, Ashton heard that they we going to bring in the helicopter and wanted to see it. So, the kids tried on the CERT equipment and practiced putting bandages on a dummy. Then we got to see a demonstration about how firefighters use equipment to get people out of wrecked cars. They used a saw to cut out the windshield, and we watched them cut a car door off. The next demonstration we saw was for the moms. They talked about fire extinguishers and the need for one in our homes. Then they had a mom use one.
Finally the helicopter came. Ryan Garside was the firefighter that got to direct the helicopter in. We were may 50 yards from where it landed. It was cool and the kids really enjoyed it.
It was a cool field trip!!

5 comments:
It was a great night. And, you are also a fantastic shopping buddy!
That field trip is WAY better than Brinley's to the Fire Station...but then again, we do live in Tooele!
The fish and chips and sweet potato fries sound really good right now.
Hi by the way!
You should be getting something special in the mail from Lucy. She called for your address today.
-Julia
You guys are getting so much accomplished, we need to step it up after Darin's thesis stuff is over.
What a cool field trip....
Post a Comment