For those of you with kids in school this would have been a long weekend. The kids are out of school Thursday, Friday, and Monday. Which means Ashton didn't have preschool on Thursday or Monday (today). But it also meant that my babysitter had other plans and that I needed to find another option for child care on Thursday. I found out that my dad was coming up for a boy's weekend. So, my mom came up too and was my babysitter on Friday. How nice it is to have my mom not working. She has babysat for me twice now. I ended up working from home on Wednesday and Thursday so that I could work on Friday and my mom could babysit.
All in all, it was a long weekend for others, but not for me.
Our weekend ended up being busy none the less. Having mom in town is always fun because it means we get to eat out. But it was extra good this weekend because we had a yard sale on Saturday. Me, my mom and my sister held a yard sale over the weekend. Unfortunately the weather wasn't very good. We mostly had the sale in my garage. The weather said there was only a 30% chance of rain, but it rained most of the morning on Saturday. The sale went pretty well though, we made enough money that it felt like it was worth it. But we didn't feel like enough was gone, so, we are planning on doing it again next weekend. So the tables are still set up in my garage, just pushed to the side. Due to the rain we didn't set up the bed to sell, but I hope we can sell a mattress and water bed frame.
On Sunday, dad came over and did some cutting in with paint in all of our rooms (Ashton's and my room). We really appreciate dad doing that. He is so talented!!!
And just as last week, things continue to progress in the basement with them coming over today to work some more. Oh yes, and because the basement is getting worked on, we had to make alternate arrangements for my mother to stay at the house. She slept in Emma's room and Emma slept on a crib mattress one night in Ashton's room and one night in her room. The first night we let Emma fall asleep in her bed, then I picked her up and moved her to the mattress in Ashton's room. She woke up at about 5:00 and came to me. She asked why she was sleeping in Ashton's room. I told her that grandma was sleeping in her bed. Emma said "Is it not my bed anymore?" (in the sweetest sad voice). I told her that it was her bed, but that grandma needed a place to sleep while she was here. But that Emma could have her bed back in a night or two. So cute!!!
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment