Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Weekend (Oct. 19)

Another weekend has come and gone with little to report. I ended up working the night shift at UVSC on Friday night. Our secretary just quit and she and our other part time girl had been doing most of the supervising of our phone center. With her gone, we as full-timers needed to supervise to cover all the time slots. I figured Friday night for 3 hours was better than Saturday morning for 4 hours. All in all, it wasn't bad.

Saturday brought bad weather. Mostly it was windy in the morning, the rain started closer to noon. But we had canceled the repeat of the yard sale, due to the bad weather being predicted by the weather man. It was a good thing Cassidy and Nate came over on Sunday to help me clean out the garage. We saved a lot of stuff to yard sale again in the spring but we did decide to send somethings away to DI. Mike will have to make the DI run sometime this week.

Saturday morning was spent cleaning house. With the basement being worked on, it has been pointless to clean upstairs, because the dirt of downstairs just gets tracked upstairs. But as of Friday, I think most of what needs to be done by others is done. Now Mike and I need to paint the walls, paint the base boards, and install the base boards. Then we are ready for carpet.

Saturday afternoon, I went shopping. I had a 10% off coupon to Target and also needed to do some grocery shopping. At Target I wanted to buy one of Ashton's Christmas presents, but I could only find it in Pink instead of blue or green, so I settled for going to the Orem Target later that night.

I ended up being gone for nearly 2 1/2 hours. I thought it was great. I ended up buying both kids coats for the winter. And I didn't spend a ton, so that was good.

I came home and straightened up the house, talked to the kids, and got ready for my date with Mike. We had not gone out to dinner for my birthday, so we finally did that on Saturday night. I decided to eat Thai food at Bangkok Grill. I loved it, especially the appetizer. Then we did some shopping at Target. We ended up doing a lot of our Christmas shopping for the kids that night. It was really great (to get it done). It has been a little bit harder to pick a bigger present to buy for Emma. It's not that we can't find things for her, it's that we can't find bigger things for her. I just didn't really want to spend $50 on a baby. We made a decision, but I don't know if we will stay with it.

Sunday brought the Primary Program. It was a little interesting that morning since my alarm didn't go off. Emma woke me up at 8:00 and I went into panic mode. We had to be to church by 8:55. We made it, and it went pretty well with Ashton being totally willing to sit with his class in the front row of the chapel. Emma didn't really want to sit with dad, and had some break downs (when she saw mom and couldn't come sit with me on the stand). But here is where it gets bad. The sunbeam class is really big, so Ashton was in the second group of sunbeams to give their speaking part. In between the two sunbeam classes, the teachers had to get up and sing. When Emma saw me, and I didn't come down and sit by her, she started to cry, so Mike left the chapel (right when Ashton was to give his part). Ashton was to be the first sunbeam to speak (in the second half), but the teacher didn't make them go in order. And the pianist was watching the order of the children to know when to start the introduction for the next song. So, the last girl spoke, but Ashton was still left to give his part, but the pianist started the intro. The teacher didn't know what to do, so she made Ashton sit down. He started to cry. Then the primary president came up and stopped the pianist, but then Ashton was sad and didn't want to do his part. They told him that if he didn't do it then, that he wouldn't get to do it. So, he stopped crying, and stood up to give his part. He did a good job. I was really proud. I was afraid that he wouldn't give his part, but he did. And I was thrilled that he stopped crying and had his chance to shine. The talk all day at church was whether or not Ashton was scarred for life. The best news was that Ashton didn't remember the bad part, just the fact that he said his line. "Mom, did you see me." He was just so proud of himself. The pianist felt terrible, but in the end, it turned out okay.

Sunday afternoon Cassidy and Nate came by and helped me clean up the yard sale stuff in the garage. I was slow to get dinner going and we ended up eating grilled cheese. I did some cleaning in the rooms downstairs (trying to get prepped for primer). And then watched a movie later that night. Ashton really wants to see transformers, but I don't think that he should be watching much of a PG13 movie. So, Mike and I were re-watching it trying to decide what he can and can not see.

2 comments:

Missy said...

That's sad about Ashton and the Program! At least he remembered the good part!

Melinda said...

Bangkok Grill is one of our favorites! And I'm proud of Ashton for recovering so well...nice job!