Monday, October 08, 2007

Home Repairs and Pumpkinland

Last week was busy. Sometimes I wonder how we do it all. On Tuesday night we had to move everything out of the two rooms that had water damage so that they could come remove carpet, drywall, baseboards, and insulation. My storage room is so full.


On Wednesday morning I took Ashton on his preschool field trip. We went to Pumpkinland. His preschool teacher allowed younger siblings to come, so Emma got to come to. They had a great time. I did lose Emma once. She ran for a playground and I didn't see her go. There were so many kids there, I couldn't see her there at first glance.

They had great big pumpkins to take pictures on. The first is of Ashton's class including some siblings. And the second is of Ashton, Ellie (a girl in our ward), and Emma. It is so cute.



Then we moved into the corn maze. As part of the corn maze, they had all sorts of stuff growing on vines, yet over our head as we walked through a trellis. It was really cool. There were also some painted wood where you could take your childs picture.



There was a pumpkin play area and they even had some animals to look at (bunnies, goats and chickens). Finally we did lunch and played on a playground. This is Emma playing with Brayden (he's also in our ward).



Wednesday after we were home, the company showed up to do the removal. It didn't take them very long, but it was kind of loud. And amazing how much carpet prevents the echo in the basement. It is really noisy without it. Below are pictures of the room before and after.


No comments: